Games seem more responsive with AA on?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Ever since I installed Windows 7 most of my games have played with microstutter and very noticeable mouse lag. That is until I forced AA on in the separate games listing page. Take UT3 for example, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the annoying mouse lag that I felt, no matter the resolution or the settings I used until last night when I forced 16xQ CSAA, I lost maybe 20 fps from the 150 - 180 I was getting but now the mouse has no lag at all and it's like night and day.

Mass Effect 2 seems to also work much better now that I have 2x AA enabled.

WTF

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I've noticed a few games with the latest Nvidia drivers seem to have a bug that forces vsync on. When I installed 275.33 Fallout 3 had vsync on despite it being clearly set to application controlled in the control panel and vsync off in the game settings. Always worked like it should before 27x.xx but now I have to force it off in the game's profile for it to truly be off.

Maybe you're experiencing something similar bug? Maybe try forcing vsync off globally? Have you noticed any trends in the games it happens to? EG does it only happen in DirectX games or something like that?

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I'm not getting vsync problems, I've got a crt so it's globally set to Force Off in the nvidia control panel, and my fps are always above the refresh rate of my monitor.

The only other games I have installed that aren't Unreal engine are l4d1/2 which weren't giving me the mouse lag problem, maybe my system just doesn't like UE. :c

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Ever since I installed Windows 7 most of my games have played with microstutter and very noticeable mouse lag. That is until I forced AA on in the separate games listing page. Take UT3 for example, I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the annoying mouse lag that I felt, no matter the resolution or the settings I used until last night when I forced 16xQ CSAA, I lost maybe 20 fps from the 150 - 180 I was getting but now the mouse has no lag at all and it's like night and day.

Mass Effect 2 seems to also work much better now that I have 2x AA enabled.

WTF

That's just weird.