I want an envied PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Maybe he just said "note for dummies" because dummies would be the only people that would be fooled by such a statement :p

azcn2503

Apr 12, 2005
graphics enhancement

ATI were yapping on about a 512MB graphics card earlier this year, and early last year too, to my surprise. I wonder when they'll release the 512MB beast?

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Offline playing with bots :/
Well, by the time the next UT is released i'll probably just be making the move to UT2K4 so hmmm....lol. I'll have a new PC by then though, i'm going with AMD this time, the prescott's suck and i wish i never bought one.

Oh can't forget Windows Server 2003 comes in 64-Bit flavors as well. Not sure about 2000 Server, i doubt it.

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
To clear up some statements:

a) The Athlon 64 X2 will be 2x2.2 / 2x2.4GHz so not much clocked below the FX series
b) Best would be to have asynchronous CPUs, say 1 core runs with 2.4GHz the other one with 1.2GHz, because for most uses, we'll use 100% of one core (say: gaming) and the lower clocked core would handle, say winamp and all those other tasks running in background.
c) SLI suffers the same problem, ATI addresses is by enabling to run 1 high end GPU with 1 lower end. ATI SLI (called AMR) isn't final yet, though, things might still change.
d) Win Server 2003 is patchable to support 64 bit
e) The new GPU gen will be out due sommer, featuring R520 + co and will give you an up to 100% speed boost again.

azcn2503

Apr 12, 2005
I generally only do one thing at a time with my PC, and I doubt that a multicored processor will change the way that I use my computer. If I wanted to play a game, I'd play it. Hopefully, though, it could drain away the OS stealing all the CPU bandwidth.. as long as it does that I'm happy.