Rocket Secondary

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Choose

• Total voters

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Grenade hits are a lot easier than sg hits and direct rocket hits. Maybe tearing away 100 hp of health from someone else with the assault primary might be humiliating, but there's nothing humiliating about a grenade hit. 3 grenade shots in a row would be ownage, though.

Also, nothing is really humiliating anymore now with netcode. ;)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
Not really. It takes only a decent amount of skill (barring air rox) and a mouse sensitivity that allows you to spin around at a quick clip when you need to.

Not surprising you would say that. I've seen the way you use them. ;)

Maybe one day we'll start a thread on the proper way to use rockets, above and beyond you "spin and spam" technique.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Renegade Retard said:
Not surprising you would say that. I've seen the way you use them. ;) Maybe one day we'll start a thread on the proper way to use rockets, above and beyond you "spin and spam" technique.
I don't see what you're going on about, old man. Rockets are easy as hell to kill with and you know it. Just guage where they're going to land when they do some sort of jump/dodge and shoot there. Wow. Such an amazing skill. And get this... It works for hitscan too! Just because you don't/can't do something doesn't make it spam. :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
[MYCURRENTOPINION]Firing rockets isn't about skill, unless you do an air rocket hit. Predicting what other people will do is not a skill. It's a form of player interaction not consistent or testable. If you have good tracking and hit someone while they are in a set flight path, then that is a skill. If you just predict someone to dodge in a certain direction and fire a rocket with huge splash radius at the floor where you thought he was going to go and he dodges there, that isn't a skill, because you can't test your competence to be able to read someone else's mind.[/MYREALOPINION]

Make me realize the truth people! I need to be saved. ): Don't be too harsh though. Please.

Also, I love spam. Spam is awesome. There are certain types of spam that I don't like. I don't like camping spam to deny access through an area, this is why I loved the shieldgun, like I said before. I love a different and more precise spam, however. Sometimes I'm just in the zone, and I can shoot single plasma bolts around corners and get 50%+ accuracy with single burst plasma.

Then I start firing single rockets around corners and nailing people with 50%+ accuracy. Then I start spamming ltg around corners and getting insanely 'lucky' headshots. Then I just get tired, start lagging, or conform to the rest of the server so I don't get accused of botting and start sucking and just testing my skill instead of the spamming. )':

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
If rocket kills are easy, you need to find more skilled dodgers. I'll admit a fair percent of my rocket kills are pretty easy, and do I consider prediction a skill? Yes. A lot of times though, people think it's hard to test because they don't assess each individiual opponent as exactly that, an individual. This is why I don't force models. I aproach, and assess each player as an individual, with an individual style, and don't simply lean on one particular approach, just because it seems to work on a larger percentage of my opponents.

I've played tons of people who just dodge when they know you can fire again, and also dodge the same direction every time (probably because of "handedness"), I've played people who just constantly dance, in a pattern they they think makes them as hard to hit as possible, and I've played players who wait you out, and actually react to your shots. It takes one time engaging a person to tell usualy how they are, 2 max, and when you start dealing with them as individuals, it changes your game. That level of adaptation is the kind of "skill" I like to practice. Hence, when able to predict something because you studied it, becomes more of a skill then just blind prediction. That is where your misconception lies.

It's the difference between betting on a horse race according to the names listed in the race, and actually reading up about the jokey, and the horse, and history behind both of them. Yeah, one isn't really a skill, it's just blind luck. The other, is ones ability to asses what has happened, and how that will affect what will happen.

My favorites? The ones who do react. They are the most satisfying to kill. You gotta time your rockets fast, and make them dodge in a way, where they force themselves into getting hit. Get them to move, move them again, but this time where you want them, then get some damage and push done, and finally use the last push to know where the next rocket goes for the kill, all the while making sure they don't kill you in the process.