Lights appear to move?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gorff

Oct 13, 2005
I have a character (direct subclass of Pawn) that plays an animation of his arms moving as if he is welcoming you inside, after you touch a trigger. But the lighting on the character appears to chage by ramping up brighter and then back down to normal rather quickly as he gestures, as if he had lights that were animating around him.

Any help on solving this is greately appreciated.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
That sounds like an engine problem. What you could try is using a projector to cast light on this pawn and then using some sort of ambient zone brightness setting to get around this issue. Otherwise you can try combinations of special lit and some lights set to special lit to try and single out this pawn so that it doesn't get those ugly lighting effects when it starts moving. The engine doesn't like it when you take something still and then animate it suddenly from my understanding.

gorff

Oct 13, 2005
Thanks for the response. I will give your suggestions a try.
Thanks again.

-gorff