Is this guy using an aimbot?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
What's the point of registering just for asking for opinions about someone you recorded? If you think you have evidence, ban him or get him banned. If you are unsure of your evidence, there's no reason to register at some forum to ask others. (You might not realize it, but that makes you look like an attention whore somehow.)

Apr 11, 2006
Doesn't look like a hack at all, although I really like the gameplay and style presented in the video. I hope the next UT has maps that look like that (maybe a little brighter).

Taffy

May 12, 2014
He posted it because I asked him to. They would delete it on Epic forums.

The player is a long time player on the server I admin and the video was brought to my attention but I couldn't tell. So I asked him to get some other opinions and that maybe I could learn something.

I understand there are some fairly sophisticated bots that are "humanized" and don't "snap" to their target when aiming. So, I would like to be able to discern one when I see it.

It had nothing to do with him being an attention whore.

Here is the vid again. If someone can comment I would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PVMAIWl34

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
There are a few suspicious looking kills, but isn't there is a "turn 180" button in Ut3? It seems like he's doing an instant 180 in several points.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
From what I see, I can tell that both players were hacking. the ezskillz guy really showed his radaring by predicting every shot perfectly when the guy in the video (hirez) was behind walls and barely missing the shots at him. I noticed that hirez realized that he was cheating and stopped a couple times to toggle his aimbot bind on. After he did that, that's when he started snapping a few times while he was holding the aimbot bind down which gave him the easy kills in a row that gave him away.

These same type of aimbots are heavily used in UT99 and are hard to detect by most people. There is a limit of skill level even on pro-players and what I see in that video is way beyond that limit. Admins who don't have the experience on either skill or visual cheat detection have no clue of what's going on when "pro-aimbots and crossfire aimbots" are being used. And believe it or not, most of the time, the admins are the ones running hacks in their servers and piss other people off to a point that forces them to use a hack themselves to take revenge after realizing the admin's cheating.

Also, it is common on hackers to use/add names like easy, kills, skills, dodger, leet, elite, pro, bot, aim, and so on. When someone uses a name like that is because they think they are better than others and want to prove it by displaying it as a nickname while running a cheat that does what they can't do. They do it out of excitement of being able to own others easily because they feel that they can play like a pro-player this way and be able to beat anybody.

Taffy

May 12, 2014
After he did that, that's when he started snapping a few times while he was holding the aimbot bind down which gave him the easy kills in a row that gave him away.

Thanks War_Master. At what time did you see hirez snapping? I can usually pick that out but must have missed it.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
At 2.30 to 2.48 he idled because he was literally getting owned and is plenty of time to toggle an aimbot on. It looks like it failed the first time so he stopped again at 3.40 and that's when the owning from him begins. Right after the second time he idled, he made the first snap with the minigun and it seeked perfectly by staying locked in the target, which you can see at 3.58. At 4.04, I can clearly see the aim being locked perfectly on the player which ends up in a quick kill using the minigun again.

At 4.51, I see the first snap which shoots the flakcannon simultaneously, new aimbots do exactly that, by locking at an enemy from a certain angle and shooting the weapon at the same time. His aim stays locked on the target until the first firing animation sequence of the weapon is done and starts missing all the shots that followed.

At 6.56, there's another snap but misses the first shot, maybe due to ping delay, but hits the player 3 times in a row while staying perfectly locked on the player causing another easy kill. Right at 7.13, he does exactly the same thing again with the shockrifle but its really hard to visually detect it since his aim was very close to the target when the snap happened.

The most obvious snap I saw happened at 9.20 when he was goofing off pulling some lift jumping combos. Right at that time he alt-fired to start a combo but his aim instantly snapped at the player when the player had just come out from behind a wall, it looks like he was trigger happy at that moment and gave him away.

The second obvious snap was at 10.06 while he was starting a combo above the kicker on the left side when the player just popped in from under the bridge on the right side, his aim instantly snapped downwards to the right side directly at the player but missed the shot probably due to ping delay. Ya, it happens.

-------------------------------------------------

If you watch closely to his camera movements and turns, it is pretty clear that hes using a very slow mouse speed. It looks like the mouse sensitivity is set to 1.0 or less. From many years of playing fps games I can tell you one thing, snapping instantly the way he was doing is quite impossible, specially if the aim angles right at the enemy perfectly and doing a shot simultaneously. There's a big difference between lucky shots and cheat shots, and none of those I mentioned were anywhere close looking like lucky shots.

I just wanted to mention that the other guy was doing exactly the same as this hirez guy but for some reason he wasnt being demoed. His radaring was too obvious throughout the beginning of the video and he also showed instant turns that killed as well from impossible angles. The only instant turn I was able to catch from ezskillz happened at 11.19 where he instantly turned at the enemy releasing the rockets simultaneously, perfectly compensated at the direction the target was falling to.

Well, I hope this helps understanding the difference between skills and cheats. And I took the time checking this out to explain how to capture a radar/aimbot cheat visually so you know what to look for when watching a demo or clip.

Taffy

May 12, 2014
Thanks War_Master.

I've seen players hit 3-4 shock primaries, and have also seen great mini skills, so that aspect of it didn't really stand out too much.

What did stand out was the other two, where you could see the animation loose sync. Also, the snapping to the opponent when you pointed it out was pretty obvious.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Thanks War_Master.

I've seen players hit 3-4 shock primaries, and have also seen great mini skills, so that aspect of it didn't really stand out too much.

What did stand out was the other two, where you could see the animation loose sync. Also, the snapping to the opponent when you pointed it out was pretty obvious.
Is this video from a demorec? If so, this could cause some problems with trying to evaluate if they are aimbotting or not.

War_Master

May 27, 2005

Yes, there are players that can do all those, but never too often. There's something that's called "lucky shots" and they never happen too often, specially on a player that can't control his mouse to aim.

If you watch him aim from the very beginning of the clip until when he first idled at 2.30 mins you'll see that he just spams every shot with every weapon including the shockrifle and minigun. From that time, his aim is extremely awful like a complete noob that doesn't know how to aim on an fps game, and I was not able to see him hit twice in a row at the least.

When someone is a good player, the aim is exactly the same way throughout the whole game, and is pretty visible when their lucky shots were done by mouse movements without instant snapping or perfect tracking. If I see a player whos aim sucks so bad and then becomes so darn good after idlying, it is common sense and logic that they have turned a cheat on. Another way is when they enter a server and idle for a few seconds right after they connected and then they start blasting players off better then a pro. Sometimes, they keep idlying at the beginning of the game because they keep configuring the aimbot until they get it right before they get caught. This type of behavior usually has them shaking the mouse from left to right really quick before or after configuring the bot so they can mislead whoever is watching and have the excuse of adjusting their mouse correctly.

Last edited:

M3ATpl0w

Sep 11, 2008
LOL @ OP.

http://www.galaxypugs.com/forums/general-ut3/294-there-s-no-cheating-in-sports.html

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/showthread.php?6317-The-price-of-anticheat/page2

Admits to "offline testing", and wants to spam these cheat threads everywhere.
Bad demorec edited by super cheater paranoia proves nothing. I am not saying Gorilla doesnt cheat, but you cant convince me with this evidence.

And while youre watching vids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAz30Eu3XN4&list=UUiEk80aJRAmPctxTZVcYo_A

GGZ enawk...