UE1 - UT Bombing Run for UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Is anyone interested in helping dev a decent BR mod for UT? I know there is a community of SLV players who love BR but the mod has some serious issues (like crashes and meshes being wrong, zero bot support). Athos did a serviceable version that sees playing time but I'd like to take it further.

Ideally I'd like to do a two part mod and simplify the choices. You could play iBR with a configurable insta or play SLV BR (the popular choice).
Much depends on whether I can access the source code for SLV (I have requested permissions) because I need to fix a serious crashing error concerning the rocket and crouching. I'd also like to add team colors to the SLV so you'd know who is who from a distance and maybe some offensive weaponry into the SLV itself (a mild gun of sorts).
If the SLV coders decline I have permissions from Ferali to switch to the VX and use that.

UT's limited physics could be overcome for this mod and I think if there were an actual "live" ball that could bounce around along with some bot support this mod could do well in the community.

I have a test server up here: 206.51.238.106:5555 running both versions if you might be interested.

Don't lament the "death" of UT, fight it: Make something!

Last edited: