My Take On Infiltration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

wolffman

Nov 28, 1999
Guess
Visit site
I am looking forward for the Online Release. This will be the new MOD me and my clan will most likely play when its released. I have really enjoyed the single player aspect, but the online play is its bread and butter. One side note I want to add at least you guys have a MOD unlike the highly anticipated yet to see MOD for Quake 3 Hostile Intent.

Keep up the good work.

Behold the pale horse, the man who sat on him was death...and HELL followed with him.

Ibrox

fear my Jedi blunts
Dec 11, 2000
Urban terror and True Combat are the ones ive seen theres probably dozens more.

Jackal<QSF>

One of the last INF OG's!!!
Jul 13, 2000
www.angelfire.com
hmm

well to let you know wolf
INF is not a "new mod" in fact it was the first mod ever created for UT and the second mod for Unreal

Death smiles at us
all..All you can do is
smile back =)
http://anglefire.co
m/games/jackal15/3.ht
ml

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
There are tons of of RL mods for the Q3 engine. Go to planetquake sometime and look at the list of modifications and read the descriptions.

Map and the world maps with you.

Dano3000

Apr 28, 2000
Hick part of Arizona
why?

why doesnt a gaming company just make a friggin REALISTIC game so people could stop whinning a about 'ohhh, cs is better than infiltration and strike force combined but worse than tactical ops, ooooooo'
i hate that
but im sure if the infiltration team went commercial they could release a kick-ass stand-alone game of infiltration thats not based for internet play
dont ya think one-player mission thing would be kinda cool throught the eyes of the soldier instead of a CT or SP guy? :)

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
If INF went commercial, people would be angered that they would have to buy their beloved and once FREE mod. Even tho it would be a lot better since they'd have their hands on the engine, how many would stop playing due to cost or just because their mad that they were abandoned? Just a thought. (I would still buy it)

UTProphet
Jeremy Rosenberg

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Hmm, I don't have the link handy but the U.S. DOD is hiring developers to make a training simulator for their soldiers. You can't get any more realistic than that. Even the graphics engine is classified but they do say that the developing team has full access to any military references. Wouldn't be a bad job if they let the developers fire off RL military weapons.

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
realistic games

Realistic games have been made commercialy, and have achieved widespread success. The ones I can think of now are Rainbow 6, Rogue Spear, Delta Force, Spec Ops, and the SWAT series.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> why doesnt a gaming company just make a friggin REALISTIC game... [/quote]

http://www.operation-flashpoint.net/

ZundSig4.gif

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Tell me about it, ever since Spleen posted the link to the Flashpoint site the other day I've been all tied up in knots ;)

Lots of cool stuff coming down the pike, Project IGI just came out ( http://projectigi.com )and from the accounts of the handful of ppl I know who got it it's real cool (but not as good as INF).

The future of videogames looks bright :D

ZundSig4.gif

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Man Zundy, I just can't express how glad I am you pointed out OFP to me =) I am so looking forward to that game.

I just got back from pimping inf in their forums too (turn about fair play and all... ;))

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
I'm suck of these half-way realism mods that have been popping up ever since CS got popular :(
I'm also sick that CS is stopping people from noticing the good mods.

arcticdude_sig2.JPG

I once ate a pie with a plastic fork.

Eagle-Six-Zero

Dec 28, 2000
This isnt Operation-Flashpoint.net

If yall wanna talk about OPF go to the off topic forum. We dont like cheap, unrealistic games. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Crosshairs.jpg

If You Run...Youl only Die Tired!

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
look dude, sorry to mention it here - didn't realize you would be so offended. before you go spouting off about how it's so cheap and unrealistic, how about you go read about it first? ofp has a hell of a lot to offer.

to be quite honest, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot left to talk about here until 2.85 comes out. we've discussed practically everything conceivable to death already. i guess i won't bother making conversation here. see y'all around when the online goodness is released.

Eagle-Six-Zero

Dec 28, 2000
"Killing stupid people is not murder, its community service"

What does it say at the top of your screen.

Thats right it says Infiltration not OPF.

Thats all there is to it. :mad:
grrrrr....some people just dont know when they are wrong

Crosshairs.jpg

If You Run...Youl only Die Tired!

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
wtf am i wrong about? i'm not even the person that brought it up. zundfoldge posted the link to flashpoint (apparently spleen posted it earlier), and i was thanking him for pointing it out because it looks cool. you know, making conversation, saying thank you, being friendly... i am not seeing anything wrong with this. sure, it probably should have gone into the off topic section, but you know what? i didn't start the thread, and if you read the first post in the thread, you'll notice that it mentions something other than infiltration right there. why are you so antagonistic and angry anyhow? personally, i think it's a bit out of line for you to bashing every other dev team on the planet with your 'we don't like cheap unrealistic games here' comment. i'm sure if the inf team had a huge problem with this thread, they would have said something. so calm down, and let's try to keep these forums a place for _friendly_ discussion, eh?

some people just take this sh1t too seriously.