UE3 - UT3 Warfare Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I am kind of stumped and probably doing something stupid... but what I am trying to do is have normal control node once captured spawn a goliath nothing special... similar to Torlan goliath nodes.

I checked Torlan and there does not seem to be any kismet to make the Goliaths spawn and I assumed like with power cores and vehicles near them auto spawn... but that is not the case once capturing this node...

any help or hints to what I am doing wrong...that makes my goliath refuse to spawn once the center node is captured in my level?

Thanks

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
Maybe do something like once X is captured, make team Blue's goliath visible and team owned...But why not just tie the goliath to the node like with most other warfare vehicle stuff? I'm afraid I haven't messed with warfare at all readlly but there's many more maps that have nodes with vehicles tied to them besides Torlan...I don't think you have to specifically route it through Kismet since it's such a common function...check the vehicle properties

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
Is this node a standalone node or part of the linked network?

Edit: Never mind, didn't read your post clearly. It could probably need to be closer to the node?

Also check to make sure the paths are linked in the editor after building.

GL

Last edited:

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
It's not one of those crazy Axon vs. Necris Warfare maps is it? If so, maybe it's not spawning because the game thinks that a Necris team controls the node. Try placing some other vehicles around the node (both Necris and Axon vehicles) and see if any of them spawn. At the very least, that should help narrow-down the problem.

But yeah, in Warfare, vehicles just associate themselves with the nearest node automatically. You did it right.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
It's a normal WAR game, both bases have a manta and two scorpions to start with that they show up fine it's just this stupid goliath won't spawn at node....

EDIT: I think I know what is wrong. My Center node is on a bridge and the goliath spawns under the bridge it may be too far from the node? Not sure if that is case but it's only like 256 units right below the node

Anyways I moved the Goliath right next to center node and it worked.. but having it there defeats the purpose of the layout so I'll need to do something to fix that so tank spawns under the bridge...

Thanks for all the feedback and help.

Last edited:

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
You could try overriding the property of the tank that goes along the lines of "objective to associate". Cannot remember the exact field name.

Basically type the name of your center node as the objective that the tank should be associated with. That should do it.

GL

J