UT3 Appreciation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Well, it's like what JohnDoe said. The core of UT3 is great. It's just some of the other crap shoveled on to it that brought the game down.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Now I miss the Juggernauts, Skaarj, actual Tournament mode, Assault, and random bot lists so you never know what ugly you’ll fight next but I’ll manage… speaking of which anyone know any mods to fix these problems? I really do miss our fat angry dwarfs… that were so fat… and angry…

haha, I always played as that fat girl in the yellow armor, with the red mohawk.
SHE WAS AWESOME!

people made fun of me all the time, but I felt as everyone else was using the most inconspicuous model they could dig up so that they were harder to see, I was gonna be a man and, er, play as a fat girl.
I didn't want to win because people couldn't see me; that's cheap.

Well, it's like what JohnDoe said. The core of UT3 is great. It's just some of the other crap shoveled on to it that brought the game down.

really? I'm disappointed in some of the stuff they took out.

Last edited:

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Are we talking Gears of War here or... ?

I like Gears of War but it seems as of late when I play a shooter I've been hiding behind chest high walls and pressing some odd button repeatedly to avoid chunky salsa death or something of the sort. But almost every damn shooter as of late has you stuck behind a chest high wall farting bullets in the general direction of the enemy. Nobody uses doorways anymore... just chest high walls in the middle of a field...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Now I miss the Juggernauts, Skaarj, actual Tournament mode, Assault, and random bot lists so you never know what ugly you’ll fight next but I’ll manage… speaking of which anyone know any mods to fix these problems? I really do miss our fat angry dwarfs… that were so fat… and angry…

I don't know about the Juggernauts, but Skaarj are obviously there, Tournament mode... not so much, but it would take a TC to incorporate that. Random bot lists are included in MapMixer I believe.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net

There's at least one pack of Skaarj models. I don't think anyone ported the Juggernauts over though.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
god I hate trying to play this game. Constant duplicate accounts disconnects.

No wonder noboy is playing, they can't stay online.

NEVER had this problem in the past games. NEVER. wtf is this ****.
(was having fun too :( )

Last edited:

jomi294

gg
Sep 20, 2008
Monterrey, Mexico
I liked DM-Bonescraper, DM-Devolve, DM-Sentinel, DM-1on1-Penetrated, CTF-Tangled <3... and I liked the remake that came out of DM-Subterrane for UT(1). <333333333

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Johndoe641 said:
poopcake.jpg

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
UT3 has really underrated core gameplay. It's a less-spammy version of UT99, which makes it better or worse than UT99, depending on how I feel on a particular day. It's miles better than UT2k4's "use hitscan weapons to kill bouncy enemies that are a half-mile away from you!" bull****.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Unless you are talking about the Bio Rifle secondary, which stays around way too long.

Shoot, there's a reason that JarredFerrer dude (or however you spell it), is near the top in Void's server.
He'll collect all the Bio ammo he can, spams secondary in every key location (doorway's, lifts, elevators, etc) on the map, then at the slightest sign of urgency run to the other side and wait for the frags to roll in.
If no urgency? Keep collecting the ammo and refreshing your spam.

He only ever uses other weapons when the player count is so high that he can't seem to get to the Bio. Then, he sucks... scrambling to get back to it.

If the goo ball didn't stick around for so long this wouldn't be an issue, but he can go the whole round with hardly encountering another player.

"Stop running into it then, noob"

Usually things are fine, only because most of the players wish to have an enjoyable game and CHOOSE not to abuse that weapon but, that doesn't excuse the bio secondary for sticking around so long.
It's really excessive.

Shoot, the first few days I had the game, I was all over with that stuff.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Speaking of which, I never really figured out the logic behind the amount of time the sludge sticks around for. The primary fire seems to have a set time, but the alt fire time varies in a really strange way, sometimes it's really long, sometimes it's short...

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I think it's ten seconds, or so, for a full charge. I was checking it out earlier.
How did that get past "testing"? Oh, that's right...

Man, the two servers where people actually play this game just vote for 1on1 maps with like 8-10 people, many times it's more.
It's no fun anymore.

what a bummer. I should spend that 10 gigs on some other game.

edit
but then I'll start withdrawing :mad:

Last edited: