Spider Mines [trap]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
spider mines in DM are a huge donwside to UT3 IMHO. I hate all the new "whacky" deployables theyve thrown into DM. I dont really play enough WAR or VCTF to say theyre a good or bad thing there... The only new DM map i enjoyed in the titan pack was Turbine, mainly i think coz it doesnt have this sort of garbage in it.

It seems strange to me that epic would say that adrenalin was a mistake and a step backwards and then throw in 5x as much gimicky crud in diff flavours. I agree with the removal of adrenalin, much as i loved UT2K4, but i would honestly rather that they bought that back to DM than all these stupid deployables. At least with adrenalin you had to collect 100 points before you could do these things. In some of the new maps seems you can go from deployable to deployable.....

When DM has consistently been your most popular format, why mess with it? Put that effort into a gametype that actually needs messing with. Im just grateful for all my custom content because if i was waiting for the expansion pack to "renew" my ut3 experience id be back to playing UT99 or UT2K4 by now. So thanks to all the modders making maps that i actually enjoy playing ;)

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
It's not like they're used on every map you know... just take those out of your rotation or vote for something else if you don't like them... let the Pubs have their fun..

All it would take to sort this out is for the trap to be destroyable (but have a decent amount of health). The only bad thing about it is you can't do anything about them except avoid the area it's placed in.