How about BU sending some community questions to Epic?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
He looks just *fabulous* in slingbacks as well...

K.N.I.F.E said:
I don't even think you can send something to epic.

BU has a "special relationship" with Epic :)

Rumours that it's because of an incident involving larrystorch and fishnet stockings is pure speculation as far as I know...

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
Why are you calling it UT2007 instead of UT3/4?

That, and

- what do they plan to do as far as changing ONS for more balance
- what kind of armor system will the use
- will you be able to blow someone up in midair, or will they fall to the ground at an uneventful 20m/s/s

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Say, a suggestion maybe.

Anyone here who's played the Psi-weapons dreams mutator for UT, will agree with me. The death animation is great!

This is what happens, and what should have been implemented in ut2003 (I'm not sure if it's part of 2004, I doub it)

1) The player dies. The body falls on the floor, it can be gibbed. Everything's normal so far
2) At the same moment a transparent copy of a death animation appears. It's as if your soul is leaving your body. Shortly afterwards it transforms into a large puf of smoke (same spot) and slowly fades away.

GREAT! This has to be one of the most original death events I've seen so far.

I've seen countless of people complaining about not being able to gib bodies in UT2003/4. Right?

This could've been a great sollution. I guess it won't happen, maybe there's already a similar mutator for the next UT games but still...

Edit: Here are 2 pics, to make things a little more clear..

Yes, you could make your opponents do the chaingun cha cha cha in UT and shoot them up the wall =)

Attachments

• Psi_Weapons_d1.JPG
    Psi_Weapons_d1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Psi_Weapons_d2.JPG
    Psi_Weapons_d2.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
In UT:99 you could keep shooting a body upside a wall, with the minigun, but ragdoll where not inplemented in UT:99, was it? Would be pretty cool to see in UT2k7 :D! Just to make noobs an easy kill xD

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I agree!
amazing25pp.jpg

CNcoder

Nov 10, 2005
- will we have better demoplay support in UT2007? will we be able to play backward the demo this time? Can we see the weapon when playing a demo? I hope to watch a demo just like I'm spectating a live game.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
- It's been most of the year since we saw any new media from UT2007; I think it shows integrity not to bombard us with a cascade of droolery but do you have any plans for showing off a more recent build of the game in the near future?

- What kind of ratio will we be seeing between new characters and updated characters, and will the big three (Xan, Malcolm, Gorge) be among them?

Vault

May 29, 2005
somwhow i dont think Epic will taking our questions as serious when we pick fun and Cliffy picking his nose in a picky manner.

moonflyer

Jun 2, 2003
Shanghai,China
lichong.blogbus.com
- Will there be any new technology to simulate fluid in UT2K7?
- Will the jumpboots be back as an official pickup?
- Will there be any physics_based weapon, like the stake gun in painkiller?
- Will there be anything new in the movement system?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
moonflyer said:
- Will there be any new technology to simulate fluid in UT2K7?
- Will the jumpboots be back as an official pickup?
- Will there be any physics_based weapon, like the stake gun in painkiller?
- Will there be anything new in the movement system?

I recommend we ask Epic all of these questions.......

......just to piss them off.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Vault said:
somwhow i dont think Epic will taking our questions as serious when we pick fun and Cliffy picking his nose in a picky manner.

I thought of that after I posted it.. but I think Epic understands the "fun"... if they are even looking :lol:

Last edited:

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Rambowjo said:
I thought of that after I posted it.. but I think Epic understands the "fun"... if they are even looking :lol:
Epic is a very community oriented company like Gearbox, Valve, and Bungie. I've actually seen a couple of interviews where they specifically mention lurking around community sites (large and small) for feedback.

Thats what happens when your game is nothing more than an engine (easily debatably the best) with an official modpack ducttaped on (and yes, that's a good thing); you end up looking around for feedback everywhere. Sure, Unreal and Gears of War are games but Unreal Tournament is simply a modpack.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
taking feedbackl from clan players AND fun players would be a start...

Phopojijo said:
Epic is a very community oriented company like Gearbox, Valve, and Bungie. I've actually seen a couple of interviews where they specifically mention lurking around community sites (large and small) for feedback.

There's a difference between reading the feedback and acting on it...