PCZone UK - *new* UT2007 details + images

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
If I (EL BOURIKO) feign death and someone believes that he just killed me, Will this someone get the message "YOU KILLED EL BOURIKO" on his screen, and will his score change to fool him completely too. If not, I can try to feign death as much as I can, only idiots will believe I am dead!

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
Half the world is made of idiots so that isn't a problem. ;)

It looks to me like the gun wil shoot a laser.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Hey thanks for these infos. I like them , and yes , that weapon looks bad ass. More than all the rest.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
EL BOURIKO said:
If I (EL BOURIKO) feign death and someone believes that he just killed me, Will this someone get the message "YOU KILLED EL BOURIKO" on his screen, and will his score change to fool him completely too. If not, I can try to feign death as much as I can, only idiots will believe I am dead!
Nope. Feign Death doesn't say anything that you got killed or score change. An alert player will know you're merely faking and will pump Flak into you for a SURE kill. :)

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Once again, thanks Sel, it must have taken a fair while to type that out...dedication above and beyond the call of duty...

BU salutes you :tup:

As for the game....it just sounds ****ing awesome!!!!

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
EL BOURIKO said:
lol. The only moment in which Feigning Death is not so stupid is when there is more than one player near you: You can feign your death in this moment and people could think that another player killed you... :D

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Thank you soooo much for that transcript! Well worth the time you spent. :p

As for the weapon thingy, it does kind of look like it could be an AVRiL, or a sniper-type weapon, or perhaps that canister gun thingy? Although that doesn't explain the scope-type thing. :(

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
In a fast pace game I don't know how often I actually would watch to make sure, but as a sniper I wouldn't have a problem poping him again :D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
the most interesting bits in that article are the bits about AI (note that it still won't be 'real' sentences for the voicecommands, probably more like the AirTraffic Controllers use in real-life) and the commander-mode which might be like having a 'real' commander in the field instead of some 'godlike' non-entity (idiots TK'ing each other to become commander would be problematic though).

btw :
This month's pc-zone benelux didn't mention anything about UT2k7 other than its existence
I'm sure we'll see the same article as soon as it is translated ...

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
i wonder what effect feiging death would have when driving a vechile :p and for one when you go feign death and fall off something still in ragdoll you should take damage... duh but what if epic misses that :p

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
JaFO said:
(idiots TK'ing each other to become commander would be problematic though).

From what i gather thre doesnt seem to be a limit on the number of commanders, it seems like the commander jsut stands in a room with a few tv screens, mabye an ovehead map, and relays infromation to his teammates on the field.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
I'm sure at 100% that its not a sniper. It's way too big/heavy to be a sniper, believe me... and I'm almost very sure that its the Avril since the design is almost the same as in UT2004 and it have a "rocket thing" for the avril missile and it does have a scope like UT2004's Avril. lol am I the only one to have noticed the Avril does have a scope... not just by locking ur targets, but on the model. Else if its not, it could be the Ion/Target Painter. Anyway the gun looks so high-quality and nice.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Yeah, model looks nice, less "random crap" tacked on the side though it looks rather bulky. I hope they scale the models down a bit or at least have a "small weapons" option.