Future MOD beta....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by q_mi_4_3
dont you think you should finish DM first before you do an other mod?

maybe. but this is good practice, and currently I am working on getting rid of access nones, in my DarkMagic summons, and trying to get Sadistic Glee working..... :p don't worry I won't shank my duties at DMUT ;)

AaAnyways: Update:
I have worked out collision. And have started Physics
(basicly stalling in the atmosphere)

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Up-id-die-diddly-date:

(First off for q_mi_4_3, I am making progress in DarkMagic as I have fixed SadisticGlee. But the summons still need work :p )

ok, I banged in the basic code for stalling. You can now reduce speed and cut the engines in fighters. Some may ask what use this would have, but It can be a great advantage to suddenly fall from the sky when you got an enemy on your tail.. then restart engines, come around and blow his butt-OX out of the sky ^_^

k, Collisions work but still need work. plans: collisions in fighters will be deadly as the fighter is generaly light and VERY fast. I still need to work out landing...
when you land it thinks your hitting the ground too hard and your ship takes damage :p should be an easy fix tho, just a:
Code:
function HitWall()
{
   if (Thrust >= HarmSpd)
   {
      HitWallFunctionsHere();
   }
}
I might even add code to desern initial hit and grinding along the surface ^_^

I also Started on Ground vehicles.. tho there was no real progress I did get plenty of ideas of how to do it. I can't wait to go hill jumping ^_^

Also I have plans for(and already modeled, but not skinned) a fighter that can land and move like a ground vehicle! :eek: basicly it's like a spider when flying its 'legs' point forward and house the weaponary, when landed it uses the legs to walk(which impeads(sp?) on its ability to fire so its still a airbased vehicle...)

I got an idea for sliding in space and will work on it when Im done with the groundvehicles basic code.....

mmm I can't think of anything else so tootles ;)

Good Idea!

The reason I asked is that while spacing out in Psychology (what else is an elective class good for other than spacing out?) I was thinking about your mod. Concequently I began to doodle out some of my ideas. The end result of some of my drawings is some spacecraft that bear a striking reseblance to World War II heavy bombers. I think it might be really cool to have some ships modeled after the aluminum-and-rivets look of 1940's aircraft. Maybe not capital ships, but certainly fighters (hooray for the Spitfire!) would look good in a spacey style.

Anyway, if you want concept ideas, just shake me upside down. They dribble out my ears.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Re: I'm feelin' your thoughts on life n/t

Originally posted by WheatPuppet
/me agrees with Erdrik's thoughts on life.

3 Rockets: What the hell? What do you mean? I don't get it! :(

lol! :lol:

mmmm imagine coding a rocket launcher in UT that fires a rocket(A),
then that rocket(A) fires another rocket(B), but adds its(A) speed to The new rockets(B) speed.
new = spawn(class'rocket')
new.speed += speed;

the new rocket(B) is now going twice as fast as the first(A). and in space there is no atmoshpere so both rockets will continue to travel, the new one(B) constantly outdistancing the first(A). untill of course they hit something, like a planet or moon or whatever...

:p

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
I had an Idea for a bombing weapon, maybe a turrent or placed on a fighter...
It would fire a Energy bomb at a high arc (or level with the fighter) and would periodicly drop smaller Energy bombs at a random vector....

MIRV == "Multiple Independantly-guided Reentry Vehicles"
explain this.... is that a bunch of vehicles guided by one person or missiles?

A MIRV is an intercontinental ballistic missile that, upon reaching the apex of its fight, separates into several smaller missiles, each with their own target.
The reentry vehicle part comes in because an ICBM usually flies pretty high above the earth, nearly into space. Each missile, therefore, is a reentry vehicle.