Whats left of the UT community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Even here on BUF all ive read is 90% of people blindly saying the game rules, refusing to admit any problems. And the only people whose threads get locked are the people who are speaking their mind against the game. Ive read alot of threads from banned users here that make alot of sense and theres no reason for the ban or lock.

Is this website ran by epic as well?

First, welcome to BUF, Ciffy_err...C. :)

Second, we don't close threads because people don't like the game. The admins and mods work very hard to try to NOT judge threads based on our personal opinions of the game.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people upset about this game. They come here to vent their frustration. That's understandable. You have to understand, though, that this creates two issues:

1) We have those exact same threads all the time, where one person creates a totally new thread just to say how much they don't like the game. We try to keep those complaints limited to as few threads as possible. Otherwise, as T2A has said, the forums would be a mess. We close threads that have nothing to add other than letting the thread creator vent, for the sake of housekeeping.

2) There are a lot of people upset about the game, but there are still those who love it. Unfortunately, the negative threads turn into fights between the opposing views. More often than not, the thread is simply locked in order to keep things from getting out of hand. If personal attacks or other actions against BUF rules ensue, then "infractions" (glorified warnings) may be given. I personally don't recall a single instance where someone was banned for expressing their displeasure with the game. Our mod and admin staff would not allow that to happen. If someone gets banned or placed on RO, they've probably received warnings for misconduct in the past (opinions do not equal misconduct unless they contain something like flaming other members, bypassing the censors, etc). These infractions are given to both UT3 bashers and lovers. Again, their opinion doesn't matter. Their attitude does.

Hope that clears things up a little. :)

Cliffy_C said:
You must be the BUF equivalent to the walmart greeter.
:lol:

PS - Jeebus Mini!!!

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
JD Fart's a lot
crysmile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
JD Fart's a lot
crysmile.gif

QFT

now back to the regularly schedualed program.

so you can only have a thread once and when it gets locked it can never be had again? why not keep one open? If everything is kept equal why is there a thread called a ut3 loving thread and then the other one WAS called the bitching thread. Seems bias to me seeing as someone complained that a mod changed the thread title to a derogatory name.

what about this thread?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=177269

seemed rational to me, and some Ahole put a picture of a lock as a response. Seems asinine to me. only the people defending the game were acting like "motards" as the leet users here like to say. I dont really understand the use of that word as the root word is just a dirt bike if im not mistaken. Thread got closed for no apparent reason.

i could find more but im still waiting for that picture of sir_bizz i hope she is hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well rational or not the reason for that thread being closed is at the bottom, need alittle perspective on that though so search threads posted at a similar timeframe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
QFT

now back to the regularly schedualed program.

so you can only have a thread once and when it gets locked it can never be had again? why not keep one open? If everything is kept equal why is there a thread called a ut3 loving thread and then the other one WAS called the bitching thread. Seems bias to me seeing as someone complained that a mod changed the thread title to a derogatory name.

what about this thread?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=177269

seemed rational to me, and some Ahole put a picture of a lock as a response. Seems asinine to me. only the people defending the game were acting like "motards" as the leet users here like to say. I dont really understand the use of that word as the root word is just a dirt bike if im not mistaken. Thread got closed for no apparent reason.

i could find more but im still waiting for that picture of sir_bizz i hope she is hot.
I made the original 'bitching' thread and at the time it was titled 'complaint' thread. It was changed to 'bitching' after several users made the case for it.

Also, you seem to have gotten a rather skewed impression of what happens here - we don't lock threads or ban people simply because we don't agree with what they say.

I could go on, but it would end up reading a lot like Renegade_Retard's post above ^

These threads have just turned into a barell of laughs for me .. i like the games I love the community and the mods that are set to be released look awesome.

Every single time something like this pops up its the same as all the others, really i read these threads for dead horse refs and the random small disscussions that go on in spite of the true topic intended by the origianl poster.

Sit back make a hot cup of tea and enjoy the sillyness that ensues

PS: I flatulated --- :p

Anisotonic

Jan 21, 2008
Montréal
I'm about to uninstall too, I can't really be bothered with a fps game with no surround sound these days, the lack of dx10 and well-performing AA is quite a piss off too. I've been slowly getting back into UT and 2k4 lately. otherwise I just play cod4 or tf2, with some coh on the side.

Ionium

Dec 30, 2005
This game is dead because the community bitches about it too much. Epic acknowledged the problems already and are doing something about it, what more do you want? A golden TP wipe?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This game is dead because the community bitches about it too much. Epic acknowledged the problems already and are doing something about it, what more do you want? A golden TP wipe?
That sounds quite abrasive.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
@ Cliffy_C

You have all of 14 posts as of this moment in time on this forum, you've beena member for all of a day or so. I'm sure you'll claim to have been lurking here for a far longer time but i doubt it so save your breath.

You cannot swan into these forums for ten minutes and make sweeping judgements as to how you think we run things and how you think we should run things. You complain about bias but all your really doing is complaining that people don't have the same bias as you. It's ridiculous.

Your posts serve no purpose, we gather you don't like the game and the only thing that your posts make clear is that it offends you that others... on a forum built around and upon the backs of people who like the game, for some reason, miraculously disagree.

Stop challenging us to prove we're right, if you really wanted to know you'd be using the search function, if you really wanted to enjoy the game you would've found a way and if you really wanted to be a part of the UT community you wouldn't be sat here posting such dribble about whether we're biased or not.

If you had any sense at all you'd realise that the community is doing everything in it's power to move on from the problems they see in the game, fix what they can and just play the game, if you have a problem with any of this then, as you say in the first post, don't let the door hit you on the way out. For if you do have a problem with this then you can only serve to be either counter-productive(bitching about Epic achieves nothing at this stage.) or, as posted very swifly after you started. the good ol' beating of a dead horse, to which i would like to say;

That analogy is getting more old than this topic. But if there is so many post on how the users and mods here are bias then maybe there really is a problem. Or at least link me to the open thread about it.

The point mate is this topic is at least as old as the analogy, you can't dismiss the analogy by saying, "Using the beating a dead hrose analogy is very much like beating a dead horse." it's ridiculous and yet more vidence to me that your doing nothing more tha flamebaiting. hell you even challenged someone to post a photo of himself.

I'd suggest you calm yourself down a bit, step away from the computer, think about what's going on, research the past 8 years or so that this forum has existed and when you've done all this, feel free to come back and share your judgements with us all. Untill then, no one here will care because as of yet your just another troll and an obvious one at that, i'm suprised anyone replied to you at all in honesty.

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
I still say there is a unjust treatment of some new users here, although it doesnt happen as often as the legitimate locks and bans. Just look through this topic, theres plenty of people just making accusations about me, and just posting horses. All without merit. Everything that ive said is the result of something ive read here. I did not pull anything out of my arse. I do see now that for the most part there is no conspiracy, but it does exist on some level.

However, i digress. This thread can now be about horses.

Ps. are you single sirbizz?

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well this thread is interesting in that it doesnt discuss what is bad or good about the game at all, it just has peoples opinions about the game. Probably not the best way to start off I must say, some people have heard this kinda dealy over and over hence the deadhorse. Maybe you missed the old threads but you said you been looking over them so obviously you had some clue that this was a topic which has been approached from numerous angles.

Just as you an I have formed opinions about UT3 the people posting have formed their opinions about this thread, sure you might not like that but we gotta let people have some of their rights. This isnt a conspiracy or coverup otherwise your first post would have seen the light of day for about 10mins, the fact its still unlocked shows how lax the mods can be when they see fit any one of them could have locked this but they havent.

Sure its not all ontopic, actually beating the horse is closer to the topic that whats in my sig :lol: but yeah I dont get what you meant to achieve from all this? Were you just having a voice because you felt you had been opressed somehow? or are you asking a question, theres certainly a community left for UT no matter which game you play and every post in this thread and on this topic is evidence of that. Must you look further theres sections on every UT game and even gears of war and modding...

Whats left of the community is a very dedicated fanbase who might not be put off by bans (though not everyone has managed that at utforums) honestly I think UT has gained a bad rep, that covers the whole IP. I dont put it on Epic but what people expect and perhaps the trends in what they play, I know people who will refuse to touch UT at all simply because it has a DM mode and with no other explaination other than "DM is boring, I like the 'war' feeling" or some such.

You want bias? Ask anyone who doesnt regularly play UT or Quake why they dont play those IP's :cool:

Last edited:

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site

What, exactly, has Epic done about it? All they've really done is improve the server browser from it's initial state of being almost non-functional and featureless to a state of functional and merely acceptable. However, they've done almost nothing about the main problem with the game--the slow and clunky user interface that offers few video tweaking options and no communications key binds, not to mention issues with map auto-downloads, and a poor map voting interface.

The game has low online player counts because it failed to grab and hold players' interests in the crucial first few months after it was released, not because people bitch about the game on forums (which relatively few players read or know exist in the first place).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.