How about BU sending some community questions to Epic?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Wowbagger said:
- In UT2007, will the ragdolls still slide even on the tiniest slope as if theres no friktion at all or will they lie still/roll instead?

I can probably answer this. Seeing as the physics engine used in UE3 is totally different to UT2003/4 and shares much with HL2 I would expect that yes friction will now come into play.

Hopefully the effects will transfer across to vehicles too so stunt driving will actually require skill.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Thought of another one...
- We've seen some very impressive facial animation in the various trailers for UT2007, how will this be presented in the game? Will characters automatically make expressions when they score a kill/flag/take damage, etc?

By the way, when's BU planning on sending these questions off? (if you are)

MuLuNGuS

Apr 14, 2005
-will we still get a nocd-patch with the second or third patch release?
(maybe midway don't like that?)

Vault

May 29, 2005
-can you put ripper blades as the secondary for the enforcer???? pretty please with a drunken cherry on top?????

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Sorry to bump this thread, but over the weekend, I came up with one question/dilemma I really want to see answered (or at least taken into consideration by Epic)...

The introduction of vehicles in UT2004 for a big part split up the community:
1) those who like the vehicles and onslaught. This group contains a good deal of new players
2) those who played it, disliked it and went back to the classic gametypes (DM, TDM, CTF).

Even now - over 1.5 years later - , both groups still have their opinions. It's almost as if they are playing 2 completely different games. This isn't so strange, because it's obvious that the skills, strategies and tactics are completely different.

Anyway...the question is this: which steps (if any) will be taken to avoid this kind of dispute within the community? In other words: how will you convince 'old-skool' players to give onslaught and conquest more than a quick glance? And vice versa: how will the classical gametypes attract those that only want vehicles in their game?

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
Will you use the 1UUnit = 1 inch system or the 16 UUnits = 1 foot system?
And, will the playerscale be somewhat like ut99 or ut2k7?

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
How do you tend to fix the teamcolor problem lots of players seem to have? Would you let us fix our own teamcolors, or at least give us multiple choices?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Will all deathsequences be in first person? Could you make it an option -> Being able to choose between first/third person.

Sometimes it bothers me that when you're fragged the view shifts to thirdperson. Unless you're being "headshotted" or totally gibbed.

Though, it would be nice to make it an option. An extra =) I wish UT would've had this.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
It's the scaling system the Unreal Editor uses, I think.
Ask Dark Pulse, he's the one who explained everything to me in the first place.

truegamer

Jul 25, 2005
Oh! Here's a question that needs to get in. I've been really pressing this idea. I did for a whlie on Epic's forums, and also think I posted it here and over at INA.

What can we expect for singleplayer? Will it be sportlike at all (season schedule - advance, win or lose, and hope you are one of the top teams to get into the playoffs) or similar to the lose-and-try-again setup in UT2003/UT2004? Will there be any sort of a story-mode like in Unreal Championship II? Additionally, what kind of unlocks can we expect this time around (UT on Dreamcast had about 20 maps you could unlock for Instant-Action use, UC2 had the mutators and characters you could unlock, UT2003/UT2004 had boss unlocks, etc.)? Also, will bloodrights and competing for money be returning in the same fashion it was presented in UT2004?

Another question... two teams (red and blue) or more, like in the original UT (red, blue, green, gold)?

What kind of a graphical menu system can we expect? Will it be like UT or UT2003/4?

ONE LAST QUESTION - will the seamless technology to stream from level to level have any hit on the gameplay, kind of like the level having to load while you are in play causing a general drop in performance? If not, how will this streaming be handled?

Also, an answer to a question

- Why are you calling it UT2007 instead of UT3/4? Turns2Ashes
They're calling it UT2007 to follow suit with UT2003 and UT2004. This was talked about in an earlier PC game magazine. Because of this, you can probably remove this question.

Last edited: