"Community Reload" Training Event Launches

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
This idea has been thrown around several times within our community, but finally several clans have teamed up to bring you Community Reload, a training event for new-comers to teach both game skill as well as fair play and sportsmanship:

Several clans and players in the UT2K4 community have begun this project in the interest of revitalizing the on-line experience. Community Reload wants to help those in need of assistance by providing "in-game" workshops built around honing the skills and tactics of players new to the game, on up to advanced players just in need of a little brush-up.
But it's MORE than that...Venturing out in to an on-line world by yourself can be intimidating and some players can find it difficult to carve out their own little niche in the Unreal Tournament world. Community Reload is offering a haven to players who are searching for a sense of acceptance free from harassment or ridicule. We want to demonstrate exactly what it means to be a part of it all...from headshots to sportsmanship.
We know that the community is only as good as its participants, so we are extending an invitation to all players to come join the experience that has given us all so much. It's our turn to give something back and we want to start with you!
Come visit us and sign up for one (or more) of many workshops taught by some of UT2K4's most experienced fraggers. We'll send you back to the arena "armed" with the knowledge to help you be the best you can be!
And even if you feel you don't need any help in the skills department, come by and say "hello"; make some friends! Better yet, volunteer to help out those in need of advice. Get your clan involved! You stand to gain a lot and so do we. New players are the life-blood of any game and ours is no different!

The team is in need of help. If you or your clan can contribute servers, trainers, or any other resources that could help, don't hesitate to stop by and let them know. Alternatively, you can show your support by displaying a few of the team's logos and graphics to help spread the word.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
that would have been great when there were actually newcomers, but I hardly doubt there are going to be a lot of newcomers at this late stage in the game

This is a great idea still and I hope it's successful

I used to fish people from demo servers and take them to a 1v1 server so I could show them how to dodge jump more efficiently and time better. It's great just jumping around a level with another player and just giving a newcomer more insight into how this awesome and addictive game works, so they might stick around longer.

I'm all for something like this. I hope it get's executed well.

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Sounds like a good enough idea to me.
It's not going to repel people from the game, ergo, it will attract more people to UT, so a good thing.

Also, this will help the real n00bs. If you've ever played a game for the first time online, you will know how it feels to be completely lost and get fragged more often than you are able to take steps in the level.
This should help the casual player a lot imho.

Hope a lot of people sign up to this. I'm almost compelled to join just to see if someone can teach me something new, or help me hone my skills somehow... stranger things have happend :B

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Damn. This should have been organized right around the time UT2004 came out. Oh well. The UT series can use some more players sticking with it. :)

Believe it or not there are usually one or two new players a week over on the INA forums. Not a lot I know but people still want to try this game and lord knows I do enough "marketing". I've gotten two people at work addicted to this game and I'm working on a third ;).

I think this Reload thing is a great idea and it's never too late besides UT2007 is right around the corner (let's have a big HOT DAMN!).

HTM|Minion

Insert Custom Title Here
Oct 16, 2005
h-townmadness.com
I agree it is a bit late to make a huge difference in UT2004, although the response from the community was great. If this program proves to be accepted by the 04 community who knows what can happen when 07 debuts.;)

The best part is watching the clans that comprise the core of this event come together and work as a team...simply amazing. Another note is that working together we took the idea of Community Reload and through the combined work of webmasters,graphic artists and others doing what they could we brought the project to life in a mere 9 days. The schedules are still being hammered out, but we have players waiting to learn what they can and instructors there to provide the knowledge they have gained over the years.

Thanks to all of you for your positive outlook on the project. Come by and say hi at http://communityreload.com