Wishlist for Next UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
yap the ending was just a little bit diassapointing in all UT-Titles, In Unreal there were at least cool sequenes.

Hope they will change that. When ingame-videos would be taken for the ceremony, the team could be shown well there, even if you playeyed with custom skins

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Since the game being more integrated online in 2k7 have a hall of champions, statues and everything thats updated around the clock, since they have the player waiting rooms and chat functions and all that!

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Yea, ive been thinking of the sounds in UT too.
I would like more "omphff" for certain events.

Like if a fully armed player jumps from 5 meters, it sounds and looks like a friggin ballet dancer! :)

Animate the players so that they go down into almost crouch mode when jumping from high places and add some bass sound that reflects that a 150kilo guy on the other side of the room just jumped from 5 meters.

A stupid question, is it difficult, technically, to add bass sounds to events?
Are they too slow? (hard to explain)

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
It would be fun if your characters skin online reflected how well youve done in the SP Ladder.
Lets say you get Gold details on the skin when finishing the ladder on the Hardest level.
And then on a falling order Silver, Bronze etc (maybe pink for easy ;))

Theman2k

May 31, 2005
1)I would like a full DVD dedicated to "The Making Of UT2007" .
I would like full interviews and to see all the staff at Epic ! :)
I would like to hear about the process of making the game and peeks at their computers and the softwares their using.

I would like to see them talk about the unreal series from the past present and future :)

I would also like to see the high poly work and the work flow of making the game .

2) i would like to see a SP at least as good as UC2'S SP !!!
With tons of cut sceans ...
and alot of story behind it (not just a stupid show like the PS3 presentation that no body talks there).

but real story not like the bla bla of future numbers and stuff like UT2003-4 Intro.
Something more like UT99 combined with UC2.

i will write more soon.

P.S

sorry for the poor grammer :(

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Wowbagger said:
It would be fun if your characters skin online reflected how well youve done in the SP Ladder.
Lets say you get Gold details on the skin when finishing the ladder on the Hardest level.

Then again, 3 out 4 gold players would've probably cheated to get that nice, interesting colour so :D

I don't think you'd see any pinkies, though ;O)

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Theman2k said:
1)I would like a full DVD dedicated to "The Making Of UT2007" .
I would like full interviews and to see all the staff at Epic ! :)
I would like to hear about the process of making the game and peeks at their computers and the softwares their using.

I actually would be happy to see this as well, although I already have a guess as to what software they are using. Its the same tools they provide with the game, except for modeling, and the IDE (probably VC++ for Windows, as for mac and linux, text editor, scons, and gcc).
would be fun to see a bit more in a behind the scenes video though. I believe they did have one on the second DVD that was included with UT2004 SE.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
ah! so thats what the ut2k7 logo looks like...
it looks like its more like the 'tournament' franchise than the 'unreal' franchise, seeing that its like the word that doesnt change across the logos...

Last edited:

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
Wowbagger said:

I find this skin stuff quite interesting.
And why not having the ladder progression recorded in your personnal stats?
Only those who record their ladder progression on their stats would be able to download the correct skin at the beginning of each round...
I think that it could be something to work out since the ladder is maybe one of the best tutorial you can get.

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
I have a small one: bring back the UT2k3 naming convention for duplicate bots.

In UT2k4, if you load up a roster of say, 7 instances of the same bot character, it just gives each one a different name from the stock list of names. So 7 Malcolms would be named, Malcolm, Jakob, Gorge, Abaddon, etc.

In UT2k3, it gave them funny add- ons to the name. 7 Malcolms in UT2k3 would be, Malcolm, Owns_Malcolm, The_Real_Malcolm, etc. etc.

I thought that was funny, bring it back I say.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Ok i have to do a whishlist too ;)

- Adrenaline, Take it out, burn it, pee on it, force it to watch a Bruckenheimer DVD on repeat, or, just make it OFF by default.

- Playerscale, Solve the PlayerScale problem (im 100% sure Epic:s working on this already and its already hinted at in E3 but still worth mentioning)

- Fix Voice Chat, make it better (Add Voice Activation, PLEASE ) so more people feel comfortable using it.

- Take the opportunity to rebuild Demorec/netcode from scratch (like BF2 where you can fly through a paused demo ClientSide!)

- Spectate, make a decent Spectate Menu with All players plus Flags etc
Also show weapons, score, armor, health, announcement, kill messages (and more) while spectating.

- Clan support INGAME, Clan page with Contact info, Logo, Members and Tags.(already hinted at by Epic at E3 tho)

- Expanded UT Stats with support for OFFICIAL Matches and Clans.
Divided in the regular stats, and Regional Competetive Stats (US, Europe, Asia etc) that would, in reality, function as any other League or Ladder.
The important thing is to make being in the top of UTStats something to be proud of, something that would count.

- Official Matches, when voting for maps etc there should be an option to vote for Official Match making it show up in the Competetive UT Stats. (2 ppl decides to play and vote for Deck16 AND Official Match resulting in the match getting "counted" in the Competetive Stats area)

- If youre gonna have Official Servers again PLEASE put some GOOD maps on and/or dont make them CTF-FaceClassic ONLY!!
You have helped the gifted mappers out there create awesome maps and then on your own, OFFICIAL Servers, you have CTF-FaceClassic ONLY? i dont get it?
If all things fail i should atleast be able to have a good time on the Official Servers.

- Put back the Reconnect feature from UT and add a History for the last 10 servers you have joined.

- AutoSave Score

- DONT count bots as players this time around please, its embarrassing really.

- Flyby Intro, Bring It Back!!!!!

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
[Apoc]Discord said:
I have a small one: bring back the UT2k3 naming convention for duplicate bots.

In UT2k4, if you load up a roster of say, 7 instances of the same bot character, it just gives each one a different name from the stock list of names. So 7 Malcolms would be named, Malcolm, Jakob, Gorge, Abaddon, etc.

In UT2k3, it gave them funny add- ons to the name. 7 Malcolms in UT2k3 would be, Malcolm, Owns_Malcolm, The_Real_Malcolm, etc. etc.

I thought that was funny, bring it back I say.
The stuff for that is still in the INT files... it'd probably take a micodium of scripting.