Borderlands PC Version "Slightly Delayed"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bort

nou
May 7, 2003
Mexico
www.mexfrag.net
We contacted 2K Games for an explanation on the slight delay for the game, and Charlie Sinhaseni, Senior PR Manager said, "We're optimizing console sales which takes a few days longer than expected. Borderlands for PC will ship on October 26th.

Yep, that sounds about right

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
If Borderlands was actually a PC game it would've been optimized for PC from the start.

Proof of consolization.

game development is very complicated. becasue the PC version is not fixed to a certain processor, memory, and video card/solution like the consoles, maybe something was overlooked on the PC which is not a hardware fixed platform.

Borderlands is not a PC game, it's a multiplatform game and i'm fine with Gearbox taking some time to fix something they find unacceptable for the PC version. this news is much better than the "we'll fix it with a patch" we get from a lot of devs. besides, Gearbox has not let me down before. it could be anything, a broken animation, to driver issues. have some faith in such a good development team.

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Bort said it right. I don't think there's anyone out there who doesn't know what these 'excuses' mean. Every company delays the PC version these days and the reason is pretty simple - they need sales on the consoles just in case the game fails miserably (like Wolfenstein). In quantity, PC games are pirated more and bad news spread like wildfire...

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
game development is very complicated. becasue the PC version is not fixed to a certain processor, memory, and video card/solution like the consoles, maybe something was overlooked on the PC which is not a hardware fixed platform.

Borderlands is not a PC game, it's a multiplatform game and i'm fine with Gearbox taking some time to fix something they find unacceptable for the PC version. this news is much better than the "we'll fix it with a patch" we get from a lot of devs. besides, Gearbox has not let me down before. it could be anything, a broken animation, to driver issues. have some faith in such a good development team.

As others mentioned (and being a programmer myself) i must say that it is it is highly unllikely that they set a fixed and very short amount of time for optimizing the PC version.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
This is an outrage. Now dare they. This is unacceptable. and stuff...

If I use google translate on the marketing speak "We're optimizing the PC version which takes a few days longer than expected. Borderlands for PC will ship on October 26th.", I get "We found some serious bugs in the PC version which takes a few days longer to fix than expected. Borderlands for PC will ship on October 26th."

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Got a response from a dev a few moments after post...
"We do not feature splitscreen on the PC platform."

Resident Evil 5 PC also won't have splitscreen support so that kinda sucks too.

Was hoping for a cool COOP game that doesn't require two PC's/ Copies to play.

COOP game that doesn't require two PC's/ Copies to play.

require two PC's/ Copies to play

require two copies

Ever since companies found out people will pay for two copies of the game, two consoles, and two network service subscriptions to do multiplayer, games with proper multiplayer (that being splitscreen) stopped happening. Why give them splitscreen when you could force them to purchase more copies of the game to do the same thing?

And delayed exactly six days for "optimizing"? Come on Gearbox, we're not stupid. It's delayed to push sales on your desired platform, precisely the same as Twilight Princess. And every PC game that is pushed back from the simultaneous release on two to five consoles with completely different architectures.