loligious Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Since religion threads keep on popping up, or people keep on de-railing other threads by dragging religious crap into it, here's a depository for all your pent-up religious argument posts. Keep it here, and not anywhere else.

ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT TOPIC DERAILMENT.

Passover Exodus is Fiction - Go!
The Biblical Exodus Story is Fiction

Last edited:

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
I predict otherwise -- brizz usually posts something witty in a thread before closing it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The_Raptor_Jesus.jpg

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I'm a Scientologist. At least that is what I used to tell people as a kid because I believed science was the most accurate thing to believe in. Leave it to some nut jobs to ruin that word.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
God bless us all! Each and every one! Hugs! God Rules!

If I found out that somebody somewhere was sprinkling what they thought was magic pixie dust on a statue of a man in the hopes it would bring good fortune to me... well, I would not have a problem with that. It trips me out to say something as I did in my opening statements and have people get all offended or bent out of shape. Who doesn't want good will coming their way?

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Hands up... how many people actually read the article and the one by Rabbi Wolpe from which the central question stems? :wavey:

Not many so far, I'd guess.

I did, but then, this isn't really worth speaking about. The nutsos will call it a lie (possibly insinuating it was planted by ze devil), the nutsos on the other side will use it as "proof" that god doesn't exist and everyone in the middle will shrug and move on with their lives.

Apparently this ancient document isn't to be taken literally all of the time. Which I wish I'd known BEFORE I gouged out my eyes because an attractive woman walked in front of me.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I have a religion and am somewhat religious personally on an internal basis, mostly though I can't abide by "religious people" the type of people that push their beliefs about what is right and wrong spiritually on everyone else. The same goes for "non-religious people" that push their beliefs about what is real and isn't. You can't prove god exists and you can't prove he doesn't, which doesn't make it absurd to believe in him or not but it does to argue about it.

If you can't prove something arguing with someone else who can't prove their stance on the matter is an exercise in futility. It is just going to turn into a bitch battle.

I do tend to get a bit bent out of shape when people misrepresent facts religious or otherwise. A pet peeve perhaps as a result of being slandered out of college and then out of a good job because I don't recall always caring that much about whether somebody tricked or deceived somebody else.

With that said this is relevant to my interests:

Um, hey look over here:

Lvqmz.gif

Last edited:

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
[GU]elmur_fud;2558034 said:
You can't prove god exists and you can't prove he doesn't

If I hear one more person make that same ridiculous point...

diIon.gif

What was I talking about again?