Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
agreed, very strange. :/ I'd email asus customer services, give them the box number and ask why the cables weren't in the box... they'll probably post some free of charge.

Figured it out.
What I bought was what someone else returned.

It's a sales trick. Let's say you are in a store (for instance, best buy, or staples) and you wanted a laptop, tablet, printer, etc. and they ask you different questions, the last one being if you wanted to get an Extended Service Plan or a Protection Plan on the product. If you say no, they will either
A) tell you that the item is not in stock (which it is, and telling you it is not is illegal) and then tell you that they cannot check another store's inventory or

B) give you a returned or damaged one, so that when you buy it and see that it was opened or does not work, you return it.

Trust me? Why? I've done it.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Two new DLC's for SR3 were released a day ago. One was the pre-order Genkei squidgun and the other, I don't even remember what it was but I bought it. :p

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
13693549.jpg

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I heard that the PS3 3D Monitor reviews were rather mediocre at best...
For the $400 price range, I may be more apt to suggest a general 3D HDTV instead, such as this one from Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889112058

I'm pretty sure that the PS3 would take advantage of the 3D capabiliies of this, too... Wouldn't surprise me.
Not to mention that it would be a good computer monitor replacement, too... We'll see how well that goes. Heck, it sounds so good, I might even pick up the Sceptre myself.

Last edited:

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
So far it's pretty sweet. Got $107 back today since it went on sale for $299 at Best Buy. It's working out really well as a PC monitor and the blurays and 3D blurays look really good. Crysis, Crysis 2, Black Ops and Killzone 3 look really nice in 3D as well. Overall though I haven't had a good monitor in a while do its nice to "upgrade" all my Steam games at once.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
lol that's actually the opposite of what I was getting at.
you know I (usually) always buy the games I download if they're a keeper :D

but I was asking sincerely.
just because HR is like over a year old now. I didn't know you hadn't played it yet.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Well, I play it off an on, just like Bulletstorm, Homefront, Saints Row The Third and Skyrim, and all those great games from the past year. So you can't say that I haven't played most of the games from the past year. One of the games from last year I regret getting is Duke Nukem Forever, of course, doesn't everybody? Then again, one game I regret NOT getting was id's Rage, whether that was any good or not, I wouldn't know.