Our Little Devil

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I right you Assassins. I will try to keep a log here of my MOD Project.

Case Hardware will include the following:
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB
Western Digital Caviar RE2 WD3201ABYS 320GB
Antec TPQ-850 ATX12V / EPS12V
LG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe
Audigy 2ZS Pro Platinum

Quick shot of the innards. Thanks to Spl@t for catching the RAM issue.
Its fixed PIC doesn't show it.
devil6.jpg

Some parts I ordered just arrived and they look pretty good.
I ordered a new Lian-Li Side Panel cause the one that came with the case has grill holes on it thats even to big for a 120mm grill.
Lian Li Side Panel PC-60 PLUS II Cases - Silver

Here's a PIC of the parts I ordered. I want to note that each one came wrapped like the one shown on the right. They look fantastic! Thanx to Bill for some free Cable Clamps. Nice;)
devil7.jpg

Now here is a Sneak Peak of the Side Panel with the Machine Billet Fan Grills and the Custom Vinyl. Note: The Vinyl will also have a Alum. Frame installed around it and the Panel will be custom painted a dark blue.
I am not sure of how I will lay them out yet but I am kinda leaning toward the first PIC.
This
devil10.jpg

or this
devil9.jpg

or maybe this
devil8.jpg

Will do some cutting this weekend and post some more updates.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Here's a small update.

Did a little drilling. I am going to do a little polishing plus I also have 2 sheets of Aluminum 6061 3/8"x12"x12" on order. Thats for the Frame.

devil11.jpg

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
Lookin good taz, I wish I had your skills!! I just cut the cheese-grater thing out of the back of my old case and did a whoops with the dremel a few times, but it was just the back so I really didn't care :)

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Hey, why didn't someone tell me that 3/8" aluminum is a bitch. I measured out the frame. I then used my Jig Saw to cut as close to the line. Now I am filing down to the line. Will post some PICS later today if my old hands recover from filing. Jeez, this is just the outside of the frame. LOL

Bonedigger

°ßéè])éè°
Oct 14, 2001
Pottstown, PA
wow those last three - four posts just sent me to the floor laughing lol

Looking good TAZ...just keep your hands working enough to use a mouse and keyboard lol

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Yea, figured that out. It cuts like butter with the Jig Saw but filing to a little more effort. Anyway here's a couple PICS. Will work on the inside cut tomorrow. Then next up is sanding and polishing it a little.

devil12.jpg

devil13.jpg

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Just finished up with the inside cutting and filing. I still have to drill some 3/8 Countersink holes like on the other Alum. Parts. Then on to Polishing.
Looks like sanding and then polishing since there are some scratches.
devil14.jpg

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Very small update. I drilled my holes and did some light sanding.
Next up polishing. I personally am not very happy with the shape of frame. There are a few areas where it is slightly off. Guess doing all the cutting and filing by hand shows. Well every Mod has to have some character and I suppose this is mine. Its still going to look good.;)

devil15.jpg