Car question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Man I don't know. I would keep the 2nd car unless you need the cash. Between the gf and I, we have 3 cars (Tundra, BMW, and an Audi). The Audi gets used during the winter months and the BMW during the summer. This year, the intake manifold got damaged when replacing a starter on the BMW. Without that second car, she would have been without a car for quite some time as both the starter and intake manifold cost a lot of money and are very difficult to replace. That's just me though. You NEVER know when you'll need a second car. Maybe you'll want that car to get groceries in. who knows!

I'd buy it from you, but I don't want a 4th car I can't turn into a sports car and take it to the track. Which is why if I buy another car, it's going to be that F-RS or BRZ or the T-86.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I already have a second car, my wife's 2012 Nissan Sentra. I don't think I need three cars, with two of them being coupes.

Anyways, I am sure I will find a buyer soon enough. Thanks for taking interest, but if you know anyone in TX near Plano who may want a TC it is still here. :)

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Doesn't surprise me that people have two cars - a lot of people in my neighbourhood have two motors but 3? - that's kinda crazy to me.
Dunno if I could afford to run 3 motors.
You must have money to burn man.

Lruce Bee

May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Yeah, that's true but I've found that buying super cheap motors can be a real money pit in the long run, so I'm buying cars that are just a couple of years old these days, usually ex- lease cars that have been well maintained and 9/10, they're absolutely immaculate.
I could never justify purchasing a brand new motor.
Also, the thought of paying for tax, insurance, MOT's, servicing and maintenance on more than 1 car would freak me out.
Cars are expensive (but essential) items.

Yeah, that's true but I've found that buying super cheap motors can be a real money pit in the long run, so I'm buying cars that are just a couple of years old these days, usually ex- lease cars that have been well maintained and 9/10, they're absolutely immaculate.
I could never justify purchasing a brand new motor.
Also, the thought of paying for tax, insurance, MOT's, servicing and maintenance on more than 1 car would freak me out.
Cars are expensive (but essential) items.

Besides the truck and the starter on the BMW, I do all my own work mechanically. In fact, I just bought a oil remover for top side oil changes. Takes 20mins and I don't have to jack the car up. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939291&pf_rd_i=507846

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site

Lruce Bee

May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Man, that's cool that you can maintain your own motors but I kinda always assumed beamer and audi parts were like super expensive, unless of course you're rummaging around salvage yards to find the part you need.
I have a Vauxhall Astra SRI and that's probably one of the most common vehicle makes here in the UK at least, so parts are pretty cheap brand new - practically giving them away second hand.

Well, compared to a Honda, yes. The parts are much more expensive. The cost isn't what gets to me, it's the labor. German engineering is amazing and extremely frustrating. I will usually search the internet to buy parts. There are some good websites with cheap parts. Usually tax free and shipping is free over a certain amount. Most of the time they sell OEM parts for half what the dealership chargers. Then you have the off brand which can be cheaper or more expensive. Just depends on you are going after.

Fixing the cars and maintaining them myself has saved me thousands of dollars over the years, and I know I'm doing it right. Go to walmart to get an oil change and you're getting used, filtered oil. Do it yourself, it costs more but you know what you are getting and you have that feel of accomplishment.

lovebug

Dec 26, 2009
I hate my car, poncy little renault clio I bought for £450 a few months ago (coz my ex decided HE was keeping our car) so now im driving round in a tin shed that breaks down every 5 seconds!! SO far Ive spent £310 on fixing it....at what point do I say enoughs enough??? ARGH!!!

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I hate my car, poncy little renault clio I bought for £450 a few months ago (coz my ex decided HE was keeping our car) so now im driving round in a tin shed that breaks down every 5 seconds!! SO far Ive spent £310 on fixing it....at what point do I say enoughs enough??? ARGH!!!

I am driving a '95 Pontiac Grande Prix as a work vehicle. I looked up what the trade in value of the car is ($500) and the crush value ($384.65). If I trade it in however that $500 will be mostly just added to whatever I buy due to a used car tax on vehicles that don't meet certain emission requirements. There is no tax to crush it.

So I don't fix anything on it that I don't need to drive back and forth too work. I save money back on a weekly basis and will upgrade to a heavier vehicle here soon... rinse lather repeat a couple times and I will have enough for a decent used car. Though that may not work too well in the UK.

Big-Al

amateur de bière
Jun 14, 2003
Under a black flag.
www.ttrgame.com

he left you?

this is thread worthy :/