My Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Hey, I just got finished with this cool deathmatch map I made (first one too). I'm done with everything but - How do I put a screenshot in the level description? I tried going into level summary and adding it in there, but it wont let me browse for screenshots. Please help!

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Hmm. I tried opening up the shot in its .bmp format and it crashed the editor, then I tried changing the suffix to .utx and that crashed the editor too. Any suggestions?

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Take a screenshot of your map (in spectator mode, using "killall hud" in the console without quotes), then find it in your /Screenshots/ directory. Edit it using an image editor and resize it to 512x256 - it can remain a .bmp - then import it into myLevel using the texture browser. Right click and convert it to DXT5 to reduce the filesize, then use that in your map's level properties.

Simple.. right? ;)

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
W00T!

Thanks a ton! It worked, and now i have a cool screenshot of each of the four main rooms on the description page - now to find out how to put music in a map. :D

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Oh, ok... I was trying to use the music browser lol, and wondering why every level is an .ogg. :lol: I'll check that out today.

EDIT: Ok, now if I only knew the legal crap for this because i found some cool .ogg music from other games but don't want my ass kicked by a lawsuit. :lol:

Last edited:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Parser said:
Take a screenshot of your map (in spectator mode, using "killall hud" in the console without quotes), then find it in your /Screenshots/ directory. Edit it using an image editor and resize it to 512x256 - it can remain a .bmp -

Instead of resizing them in a image editor, press Alt+Enter to go in window mode and then typ setres 512x256 in your console before you take a screenshot. It's quicker that way, oi parser. :p

When you exit and restart UT2004, everything is back to normal, as you configured. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
So I have my pretty cool map, my cool music, my screenshot/level description - now how and where do I get it hosted for downloads? I cant host games online because it crashes when I do that... must've downloaded some bug. :stick: