/me initiates Newbie question-Demo recording

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

boldarbloodpi8

Aug 7, 2000
Visit site
I have been trying to find out if it is possible to record a demo side server. I tried looking for one, but every time I mentioned demo found lots of aimbot demo's :)

If it is possible to record a server side demo, does it allow you to look at the action's fo each player later?

Thanks!

GIJoe|pi8|

I help run an assault league in the US and am tryign to elimate referee's. They haven't been a problem, just a lot of dedication.

Thanks!

/end of newbie question.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
It would be nice, but I would put money on there not being a way to record a server side demo. I could be wrong!

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
The server side demo recording would have to be started by ... you guessed it ... an admin.

The command is: admin demorec <name>

The file will be in the system folder of the server machine afterwards.

Server side demos have a few backdraws:
- The are huge (15-20 MB for a 20 minutes 5-on-5)
- You can't look at the scoreboard with F1.
- When switching to behindview 0, the view is shown wrong (i.e. you can't check for aimbot use).

I doubt that server side demos will eliminate the need for admins.

boldarbloodpi8

Aug 7, 2000
Visit site

Not looking to get rid of admin's. We have referee's for our clan match's to call questionable plays. There has been no problems with referee's other than a lot of dedication and work. I am looking to get rid of referee's if possible and put a server side demo in place. This way if another team claims foul play, I can go back and review the map in question. I will have to try it out Cleaner and see if it can help. Thanks!

GIJoe|pi8|