UnrealDB Launches

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's been ages since I've been able to say something like this, but we've got a brand new Unreal website resource in our midst. UnrealDB is just kicking off and plans to become a compendium of development resources and planned/released projects. Here, I'll just let Henrik say it in his words:

http://unrealdb.com was started to address the growing need for a more Unreal Engine specific website where users can submit and maintain game and other project listings, both completed as well as in progress, as well as anything to do with Unreal development, covering the gamut from legacy tools for Unreal Engine 1 to the very latest UDK builds.

Developer resources are categorized into Free tutorials, Community documentation and Retail products, such as books & dvds. Listing even retail products is currently free, and an asset listing is in progress.

Once registered, users can feel free to submit any Unreal Engine related projects or documentation they are aware of, not just their own, or contribute to building the FAQ.

We would like to note that all existing Unreal documentation websites, tutorial makers etc benefit from UnrealDB if they get it listed! Concerns of community fragmentation were a large consideration in the approach to building UnrealDB, in directing traffic to existing resources where possible.

Good luck, UnrealDB!

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
So it's like a Unreal learning resource that's not a bunch of licensee log-in link walls!

U

Unregistered

I instantly lost all respect in this website the moment I read this:

"it was one of the first 3D engines with a modular and open architecture allowing it to be modded as the user saw fit, with the release of Unreal Tournament in 1999."

If you cant learn to respect the true Unreal 1 as the legitimate father (and the best) of Unreal then you dont deserve my respect.

not trying to be a dick here but it just COMPLETELY irritates me seeing as Unreal 1 gets no credit for ANYTHING these days.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I definitely like where this is going. With some more work, this site could be great. It's a great opportunity to gather all the info we are aware of into one place instead of having to go to 5 different websites for 5 different pieces of info.