Coding Problem or Info needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
MY coder is right now trying to come up with a mouse pointer for my mod and is right now not having any luck

this is his Original post

As you know, if you press 'v' you get a menu with orders e.t.c.
This also lets you use the mousepointer ingame, without opening menus or so.
I've tried to duplicate what's happening when you press v, but to no avail.
Have anyone got a sample of code that manages to free the mousepointer?

Raeled

Feuer Frei!
Jul 1, 2001
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Visit site
hi

acctually the UWindow (that what manages the menu stuff) is started if you press 'v'.

as you told you already tried to cut/past and edited some code, so you probably seen this already:

snip from UTConsolë
if( Key==SpeechKey )
{
if ( !bShowSpeech && !bTyping )
{
ShowSpeech();
bQuickKeyEnable = True;
LaunchUWindow();
}
return true;
}

first off the showspeech() prepares the window to be viewed

then bQuickKeyEnable is set to true (and this is where it happends) to make the rest of the menu (menubar, ...) not to show up.

the speechwindow does show up, becous it got bLeaveOnscreen set on True.

after that the UWindow is being started up, and becous bQuickKeyEnable is set to True the windows that don't have the bLeaveOnscreen set to true will be ignored (no render, no input, ...)

I hope this helped a bit.