Software Recommendations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
It looks like the rest of your operating system. What's so special about a music player that it needs to look like a physical stereo system and have custom skins?

Foobar looks awesome. DarkEmperor must be one of those people who doesn't know how computers work.

girlslaughing.jpg

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
foobar2000 used to have a terrible UI, but that's all been pretty much fixed. It will support every format you ever care about, and all it tries to do is play music.

Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a good alternative to VLC, although you will need codecs as well. ffdshow will take care of most of that, or you could use a codec pack like CCCP.

Pretty much what I was gonna say aswell.

www.xnview.org is great for viewing pictures. Supports pretty much every format you can throw at it.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
foobar2000 and AIMP3 ? audio/video files

OK, so WinAmp is still my music player of choice and even a few video files. When I can't use WinAmp (or would rather try WMP), then WMP plays the usual windows files (wma, etc.), then I go to VLC for just about everything else. DivX files and 4 more are usually played with DivX but very rarely do I do that. I use KM player for a few video formats whenever the need pops up.

I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on the latest Foobar2000 program and AIMP3 (http://www.aimp2.us/aimp3-download.php). Do these players play certain files better than the others? Would it be worth it to install these with all the others I have installed so far? My WinXP computer is set and not adding anything to it for now and I do have Foobar on it but don't use it that much. I was wondering for my Win8.1 laptop. Also, I bumped this instead of starting a new one because there is a lot of interesting posts in here for my questions. Thank you.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Here's another vote for foobar2000. It's a great no-bullshit music player and it has some useful extensions; I frequently use the converter extension when I'm working (to convert FLAC masters to other formats, etc.)

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
What about software to extract/convert wav from audio cds ?

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Plus one for foobar, been using it for about a year now.

If you're into programming, Processing is a really cool program. Very good for visual stuff, and very easy to learn and create with.

Here's a few examples (need java):1- 2- 3