The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
no, not Wild Cunt.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=8gIsYuPIKco[/m]

yes, the influence of Skyrim has been acknowledged.

1360104422-8.jpg

1360104419-1.jpg

1360104422-10.jpg

1360104421-6.jpg

1360104420-7.jpg

1360104419-5.jpg

1360104420-4.jpg

1360104422-9.jpg

1360104418-2.jpg

1360104419-3.jpg

1360104418-12.jpg

1360104422-11.jpg

color me stoked.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Looks about as good as the 2nd game really, which is still a good thing. Gonna have to wait till closer to release to see what is truly "next gen" about this engine.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Day 1. Don't care about what you guys think. Day 1. CDProjekt is still an independent developer, and they deserve every damn penny they receive.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Gonna have to wait till closer to release to see what is truly "next gen" about this engine.
does it really matter?
I mean it already looks fantastic.

I still don't understand what people mean or expect by "next gen" whenever they bring it up. it's like everyone expects PC games to look photorealistic all of a sudden... and that's not a realistic expectation :p

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
bunch of new juicy details were released.

The Witcher 3 will have three different playable epilogues driven by player choice.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will track player choices and actions to help weave an ending for gamers that can vary in tiny and sometimes major ways, the developers tell Polygon.

"There will be 36 different endings," said Adam Badowski, managing director of CD Projekt Red.
"Thirty-six world states," corrected Michal Platkow-Gilewski, the company's head of marketing.

It's a subtle difference, but the two explained that the PS4 and PC game so thoroughly tracks player choice that the end result are a lot of changes, from the tiny to the major. When I asked the two how many smaller changes the game endings might see, Platkow-Gilewski said the team stopped tracking those when they got to 300.

The safest description, they decided, was to broadly tell players that The Witcher 3 will deliver three entirely different, playable epilogues. And those three different playable endings can only be achieved by playing through the game and making different choices, they said.

"The game is quite complex," Badowski said. "We didn't mean to develop something special for the endings, it's a natural consequence of the story line. The story has hundreds of different branches and sub plots. We have to just sum all of those elements up in the epilogues. Some of those elements are taken from the very beginning and some from other moments of the storyline. All of them will connect in the epilogue.

"We have a lot of things to summarize. We didn't spend time on inventing endings, it was just the consequence of those choices."
The Witcher 3 picks up after the the Nilfgaardian Empire has attacked the Norther Kingdoms following the end of the last game, and after Geralt of Rivia, the Witcher, has fully regained his memory.

The game, which is in development for the PS4 and PC and "something more maybe", will feature more than 100 hours of gameplay evenly divided between the game's mammoth main story line and a vast array of side quests, the two said. The open world, they say, will be roughly 35 times the size of the previous game's world.

The game will also feature enhanced combat which includes a new Witchers Senses system that allows you to attack weak points of enemies.
Because the previous games weren't available on the PS3, and this one is coming to both the PC and PS4, it has been specifically designed to be approachable. But the team is also working on a mechanic that will allow those players who invested time playing the game on another platform for their choices to somehow shape this new experience on the PlayStation 4.

"We are going to give you a possibility to use your save from The Witcher 2, but it will depend on the platform," Badowski said. "On the Sony platform we are developing the game for the first time, so we invented a way to define your old actions and decisions.

"If you decide to play on the PS4 and played on PC previous, you probably want to have continuation, you want to have a similar character."
Badowski said they are not yet ready to talk about the specifics of how that will work.

sounds pretty damn ambitious.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I will be amazed if all that is included in the game. Someone must be funding them big time.

Also you forgot some recent articles with them mentioning no DRM so that means no steam version most likely.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Still never finished The Witcher 2. That game frustrated the hell out of me. I had to resort to god mode to beat the first boss because I wasn't dealing with cheap game mechanics. God damn thing picked up boulders from the ground and they literally homed in on you as if they were heat seeking. I couldn't dodge them for the life of me.

So how much nudity is in this one? :D