Breaking Bad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
That was awesome.

Though Gus walking out of the room with half his face missing was a bit over the top, but cool.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
That whole scene, from Gus getting out of his car and making the long walk, to the crazy end, was superb. i'm probably watching it a few times again tonight.

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
That was pretty crazy for TV, when gus walked out of the room I thought wtf? then when they panned to the side I was thinking :eek:.

But, I've missed a few episodes, can someone explain to me the the kid and the poison.....along with the zoom in to the plant in the back yard (use a spoiler tag if you need to).

Thanks

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
tumblr_lsugy0phRb1qbeeqko1_250.gif

tumblr_lsugy0phRb1qbeeqko2_250.gif

tumblr_lsugy0phRb1qbeeqko3_250.gif

tumblr_lsugy0phRb1qbeeqko4_250.gif

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
SPOILERS WITHIN

Just watched. Holy f*cking sh*t balls.

WHAT.

Just. WHAT.

Greatest show in the history of television! No doubt in my mind.

Absolutely brilliant that the gun pointed to the plant in episode 12. Symbolizing 2 things actually. The poison, and... well... the plant blowing up!

However... And this is a big however...

I don't buy that Walt poisoned the kid. Walt has proven to be a bad liar over the history of the show. Some recent examples: Explaining his "gambling" winnings to his family and convincing Hank that the laundry was a bad lead.

Now watch episode 12. The scene where Walt explains to Jesse that he didn't poison the kid. That was easily one of the best, most emmy-worthy scenes I have seen on television. Walt has never been more convincing, you could see the god damn tears in his eyes and hear his pain.

And now you're telling me that the dialogue was completely fabricated? I'm sorry but no. Bryan Cranston is a terrific actor. Walter White is NOT.

Oh well... I guess I can't love every little detail.

What a ride it's been. Can't wait to see what's in store for next season. But the slate is kind of clean now, what are they going to do?

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
That whole scene, from Gus getting out of his car and making the long walk, to the crazy end, was superb. i'm probably watching it a few times again tonight.

+ f*cking 1.

I especially loved the lingering shot of him just sitting in the car, staring. Super slow zoom, awesome music. Knowing that he was a goner, it was almost sad to watch.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
lol TM i keep thinking about things like that too. i've never been hit by any form of art like this.

i totally buy Walt doing it. This whole series is about him breaking bad. He kills in self defense in season 1, he kills by not helping a threat in season 2, he murders in season 3, and this is the next step. He is ruthless, and the whole episode was about how he used that to make his plan work. And it did work! Dude is Scarface now.

(also i think he knew that, unlike Ricin, the lily's poison is survivable).

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
But, I've missed a few episodes, can someone explain to me the the kid and the poison.....along with the zoom in to the plant in the back yard (use a spoiler tag if you need to).

Thanks

Dude you have to watch the prior episode. No explanation will give it justice.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Aight before i watch again, a few things came up that i skipped:

It is not over the top IMO. There is a lot of "comic-booky" hyper-realism in this series. Body dissolving through the floor, the 747, the epic shot of the Tuco gunfight while Jesse's car bounces. This fits right in. And how else could that be done to one of the best villains in TV history? i loved it.

Antagonist/protagonist switch again. i was loving Gus after the *epic* cartel killing, and Walt was just a annoying rat in a corner and i hated him. Wow, that changed. i felt great (still do!) that Walt won. How? The dude is evil.

Can't wait for next season!

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
i totally buy Walt doing it.

Oh I can buy him doing it. I'm just saying that his performance while convincing Jesse that he DIDN'T do it was spot on. When did Walter White become the best liar in the world?

Hanover_Fist, have you gone mad? Why would you watch the finale without watching the prior few episodes?? Crawl Space and End Times were some of the most intense television I have seen in my life!

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
I fell asleep both times (I go to the gym @ 5am)....srry.......

I'd explain but I'm on my Touch

Obviously the gym can wait for Walt.

Unless you're like 400 pounds then you should stop watching tv altogether! Huell endorses this message. :D

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Yes the show has been renewed for 16 more episodes.

I'm not sure what direction they're going to go but Vince Gilligan commented that season 5 could possibly involve the blowback of taking out Gus.

I also think that Hank will find out that Walt is Heisenberg and there will be some big showdown between them.