Something for us UT3 console players to think about

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Now before you start thinking "WTF, what is Anuban complaining about now" this is not about bashing Epic in anyway shape or form. Rather its just something I was thinking about and found really odd that no one else had considered this ... not one other reviewer or for that matter Player. Basically its just information for 360 gamers specifically and then PS3 gamers to be aware of and hopefully someone who is in Epic's good graces can push for it.

You know how the reviews and Epic state how there are two exclusive character models on the 360 version ... yet they neglect to state how Nova actually was used to create unique versions of the bots Torque and Evolution (which are playable characters in the 360 version but you cannot make them from the available parts in the PC and PS3 version) so really in effect there are four models on the 360 you won't see on any other version.

And now for the really interesting part though. As most PC users and many PS3 users are aware of there are hidden characters that don't get unlocked when you beat the game but can only be accessed through direct manipulation of the ini file (and this became the basis of the mod of the PS3) ... two of these three, Kensai and Johnson are available on the 360 from the start as playable characters and bot opponents, but for PS3 users who are not in the loop on modding or who don't use mods they don't exist which basically means that these are two more characters that can be said to be exclusive on the 360 version (since PC UTers are used to ini files and modifying the UT3 config settings I don't put it into the same category as the PS3 which is basically stuck should the mod may mess up other stuff ... it is really different from just unlocking it on the PC).

So I cannot help but wonder why not one review has mentioned this ... and I bet some people really don't know about this. And it doesn't stop there. For the 360 users we are actually missing a character from the other versions ... the Liandri bot Tensor which is the third bot that is hidden (that I know of). He is not available as a playable character or bot opponent (on the 360) and yet here again there is no mention of this exclusive character in any of the reviews. So 360 gamers what we have here is a net gain of one completely new character (not including the lack of customization) and after all this time I would have thought that the 360 gamers would get ALL the available characters on the PC and PS3.

Certainly it has never been stated by Epic or any article that Tensor is an exclusive character and Kensai and Johnson were made available so why not Tensor? I just hope that this issue gets fixed in the patch update as I want my 360 version to have all the characters it can. I made a post suggesting that this issue be resolved so lets hope so. Plus maybe Epic should make a DLC for the PS3 for these characters so that people who don't know about the mod can all have of these characters available for use in their game. BTW Nova is still cooler than Tensor and I like the 360 versions of Torque and Evolution better ... I just think that it is strange none of this information is being passed along by the writers covering the game(s).

Last edited:

MeStinkBAD

Lurking where you least suspect...
Dec 26, 2000
Tucson, Arizona
Character models don't alter gameplay.

Listen... do you have the 360 HDD transfer kit? You can use that to connect the HDD to your PC, and use an application too peek around. Eons ago I bought an XSATA for reading data off the 360's 20GB HDD.

I have the PS3 version. I also have the PC version but it's not installed and I honestly don't care about it. I was very dissapointed how UnrealEd was not incorporated to connect to the PS3.