What files are part of original UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Is there a way to see if UT-files are part of the original UT, part of one of the official Epic bonuspacks, or part of the JailBreak III Gold mod (or are there any contents lists somewhere)?

When creating a map (don't think too much of it yet, at the moment it's still playing around) I can choose to use lots of different (texture-)files. A large collection of these files are not part of the original UT-game or bonuspacks. I wanna keep track of the files I use in a map to avoid "can't find package" messages on other machines.

If in the future it ever comes to releasing a map, I need to know what "unofficial" packages need to be distributed within the zipfile, or which objects (exported from these "unofficial" packages) I have to import into the map itself.
:cool:

TwelveBaud

Registered Loser
Feb 29, 2004
McLean, VA, US
twelvebaud.is-a-geek.net
I'm a decent VB programmer, and here's a solution a program is suited for.

I've got a machine that's too slow for UT to actually run, but a big enough HD to hold my typical 1 gig distro.
I'll dike out my distro, install UT from the orig disks, make a file list, then start applying packs and making diffs of the file lists.

And by "make a file list", I mean make a file which contains info like creation time and size and whatever. Programmatically, of course. And hopefully the creation time will be set to that of the original file, and not the install time. I can't peek into packages for internal versioning with my poor pitiful set of toys, but hopefully I won't need to.

Give me about 3 years, and I'll post the complete list as an HTML file.
And this is just the tip of the icecube!
:D

Last edited: