Put more animation into them trees!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
I just played the UT2004 UnWheel in my break from revision and it was great! No better word for it!

I was also browsing the web when I found (on UDN) how to give your trees a more animate look.

You simply make the leaf textures a texoscillator that pans with 0.03 for the phase and 0.1 for the speed. Voila! With Steven Horton's trees you could have potentially thirty trees in view at any point all with waving leaves. I took a few moments to try it out and it really does look good.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
ProjectX, I played around with this one time, it did look good. I was using the tree textures from the Unreal Runtime version. I couldn't get my tree textures to duplicate the look that the runtime had, and I wondered it it takes any more proccessing power to use a TexOccilator.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
stevenhorton said:
ProjectX, I played around with this one time, it did look good. I was using the tree textures from the Unreal Runtime version. I couldn't get my tree textures to duplicate the look that the runtime had, and I wondered it it takes any more proccessing power to use a TexOccilator.

I'm not sure that it takes much more power, however I have a pretty high-end system so maybe it has a more drastic effect with low-end PCs. Really we need to do some bench marking with it, to see its effects.