UE1 - UT Calling console on client

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Could someone point me to the command to cause the actual console window to pop up for the player? I could do what I want to do with a custom HUD but logging to the console after showing it to the client would be much easier. I've spent the day learning the various console commands but I can't find the actual way the client calls the console up that I can replicate control of.

This is for a simple "you have been kicked from the game" message with some replicated values tossed in.

Letylove49

Oct 20, 2011
the default command is "!" to call the console but perso i use "*" because i can't make a warning without call the console. if i use "!"

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I appreciate it Lety. I should have been more specific it seems. What I mean was the uscript command that actually springs the console onto the screen. I want to force the console to come up on the player.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The console window is manually brought up through WindowConsole.KeyEvent() if the key configured as ConsoleKey is pressed. It basically launches UWindow via LaunchUWindow() and then, if the console window isn't already open, opens it via ShowConsole().

If you only want to open the quick console prompt, that's done via the Console.Type() exec function.