nodes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
L

Lost

Yo guys, I've got this map I'm working on, and the poly count isn't too too high, max about 180 or so. However, the nodes goes up to around 500-600 in some places and I'm assuming this is why the frame rate drops so much in those places. My question is what kind of nodes are these? BSP? and how do I lower it without a complete remaking of the level? can I?
Thanks
Lost

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Node count is partically related to the poly count. So a lower poly count will also lower your node count.

As for 500-600 nodes with a 180 poly count. That's a touch high. That's a 3/1 ratio node/poly count. Generally a much 2/1 ratio is preferred.

Only thing I can think of doing to lower the node count is to make decorational brushes into semi-solids, lose some detail, or zone off the map if you haven't already.

L

Lost

by changing the bsp slider to 0 instead of 15 i got the node count to just over 400 and that seems better, but if i add much more i guess i'll just have to get rid of the window that lets you see that much. thanks
Lost