Nali City archive?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
What happened to the site? Going to the sub domain just redirects you to BU's main page. Is it still around? Even if users can't interact with the site (IE: uploading new maps, comments, etc..) at least let users browse the site for maps.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I still have everything for it it's just not running. The old site was written using some very archaic PHP modules that don't exist anymore. The site won't even run without them. At some point, I am hoping to relaunch Nali City with all the old content, but until then there is not a very easy way to give public access to the data.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
I still have everything for it it's just not running. The old site was written using some very archaic PHP modules that don't exist anymore. The site won't even run without them. At some point, I am hoping to relaunch Nali City with all the old content, but until then there is not a very easy way to give public access to the data.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I really wish BU would rise to the top and become the main center for all things Unreal related.

Maybe in due time. Like I said in the other thread, I'm just a PM away.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have the same wishes, honestly. I've had planning meeting with several people for a major overhaul to the site and several of its child sites. It's just a big undertaking for me right now.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values

Now that UT is going through a revival/reboot perhaps a new Nali City would be good. Hopefully a new game and new content will prompt reviews.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Now that UT is going through a revival/reboot perhaps a new Nali City would be good. Hopefully a new game and new content will prompt reviews.

Would be nice. I posted something in the NC staff sub-section, but I doubt it will get too far this early. It seems that myself and Qualthwar are the only two staff members who still visit the forums. Sir Brizz would be another, but he's more BuF than NC if I recall.

I haven't heard anything from MassChaos, Hourences, Twrecks, Bot 40, Mister Prophet, or any of the other staff members in years. So a mostly new team would need to be formed. But we have time though, it's not like the game is due out this year.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I am interested in a project like this... but it's going to require time and effort.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
My only concern, is how they're going to roll out the game. Will it be on Steam? Does this mean any downloadable content will be done through Steam? How will that effect how we do reviews on Nali City? Perhaps reviews can be done, but would download links not be viable?

Additionally, is downloadable content going to have to be bought? They mentioned money being split with modders and Epic, but what about map makers? Will maps have a price as well? How would a review site be able to "afford" this? Or would there be some sort of exception?

The hazards of this being so early on. Too many unknowns.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
My only concern, is how they're going to roll out the game. Will it be on Steam? Does this mean any downloadable content will be done through Steam? How will that effect how we do reviews on Nali City? Perhaps reviews can be done, but would download links not be viable?

Additionally, is downloadable content going to have to be bought? They mentioned money being split with modders and Epic, but what about map makers? Will maps have a price as well? How would a review site be able to "afford" this? Or would there be some sort of exception?

The hazards of this being so early on. Too many unknowns.
Good points.

I have no idea how Steam Workshop is run... I've never used it.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I'll see if I can take a look at it. I have Skyrim, and I know you can get mods via the Workshop, but I usually get them from Skyrim Nexus. Unless someone else has used it and let's us know before I toy with it.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
I play Killing Floor a good bit. As some of you may know the game started as a UT2k4 game type before going standalone. Even though it's standalone it's still based heavily on the UE. With the custom content the game has (maps, skins, etc..) you can get them directly from the Workshop or you can download them from a web site and install them manually. The choice is ultimately up to the author on whether he wants it only on the Workshop or if he uploads it to a web server somewhere.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
ffs

Nali was great we offered our thoughts on beta maps and finals, was so good in that day then apparently the Paris server got hacked and it went to shyt....................after a few yrs of us lot lost a few maps from yrs ago , such a damn damn shame