Who want to join their army ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want to be in your army ?

• Yes, I will be or maybe. I would like that.

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • No, never! Keep that in INF

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • I was. This time is my past know.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I cannot. (Health, etc..)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Hey I'm still in it !

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
yo, derailer, you're from singapore? are you in yet, or are you going in? i was in before the extension to 3 years, spent 2 and a half years in the army...

storm, i know what you mean... as quartermaster, they put this then-20-year-old in charge of several million dollars worth of weapons, comms equipment, etc, as well as a several million-dollar annual budget... all the while getting paid $650 a month... :con:

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
yup, and that 650 is in singapore currency, too... :con:
we're a conscript army, though, so we're in for 2 and a half years and then we're in the reserves... for those who make a career of the army the pay's much more attractive, as it should be... :)

Conscription isn't a complete loss though. At least you get to meet different types of people you would of never met otherwise. Different races and ethnic groups joined together under the banner of taking things called "alive" and making them into things called "dead" :).

Storm: How do you keep that nasty smoke taste out of your mouth while you are drinking?

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
oh hell, i'm not complaining one bit about my time in the army... a lot of people do, though... bitch about it like it's actually gonna make their lives better... :con:
i enjoyed it immensely, and i'd go so far to say i came out a better person... :)

Storm: How do you keep that nasty smoke taste out of your mouth while you are drinking?
you get used to it, man... :D

Yeah, I agree teck, even my limited time in JROTC and military school made me a better person. I learned to kill/shoot/blow-up/destroy stuff :). And I found out the 3 Rules of 'Mates:
  1. If he tortures animals, he will be your quadmate.
  2. If he is a chronic masturbator as well, he will be your roommate.
  3. If he wets the bed in addition to all that, he will be your bunkmate.
  4. And have the top-bunk.
    [/list=1]

On a side note: Is it just me or are some people in the military just scary as hell?

EDIT: I only mention this because there was a Filipino in military school with me, 17 years old, 4'11, maybe 90lbs. total, and he scared the hell out of me. One time he walked in the bathroom while I was handling business, I saw him and wound up pissing all over myself :(.

Last edited:

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
Yeah, I agree teck, even my limited time in JROTC and military school made me a better person. I learned to kill/shoot/blow-up/destroy stuff . And I found out the 3 Rules of 'Mates:

1. If he tortures animals, he will be your quadmate.

If he is a chronic masturbator as well, he will be your roommate.

If he wets the in addition to all that, he will be your bunkmate.

And have the top-bunk.
    [/list=1]

1. lol... ain't it the truth... :D

and yeah, you get some strange people in the military... but then, you get strange people in every walk of life... ;)
    i remember one of my platoonmates in ocs was nicknamed "bear" coz he was so damned big... when we'd go on footmarches or fastmarches or whatever required us to take our fieldpacks, he would always put a large f**king barbell in his pack... crazy loon... :D
    as fer me, i was always known as the gung-ho rambo loon... :D

then there was this other platoonmate of mine who got a posting as an instructor with the commando recon company (comparable to force recon, i guess), and he took extreme pleasure in all the sadistic punishments he could think up... he truly relished them, and listening to him tell his stories was absolutely hilarious for all the wrong reasons... :D

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Originally posted by LoTekK
yo, derailer, you're from singapore? are you in yet, or are you going in? i was in before the extension to 3 years, spent 2 and a half years in the army...

I'm Going In! :D soon... That means I'll need to stay for 3 years. :)
You were in the Singapore Military?
Are you a Singapore citizen now?

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
Australian army uses the Steyr AUG, and until that is no longer true, they sure as hell wont be getting me.

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
hmm

i sortof considered the army. if i did join i would go RAF though. the only thing is i wouldnt want to have to fight for something i didnt agree with, which is something that could happen quite easily

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
LoTekK: not very sure, I'm currently in Nanyang Polytechnic doing my diploma for the second year. I persume my enlistment will be around 2003? something like that.
Good to know there's another fellow countryman in the block.

Watch out for these two Singaporean posters:
HonkyBo
Kasunagi_Siow <---I think thats how it's spelt. :p
Not regulars though. :)

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
derailer: what diploma are you shooting for? 2003? that's when i graduate... :p
Good to know there's another fellow countryman in the block.
no kidding, man... my thoughts exactly... :)

Us military folks make up nearly 10% of the voted population. I think that's pretty significant. That's alot of RL gun toting goons!
all hail the military gun-totin' loonies! :D

RavenStarSinger

I can make you die laughing or just shoot you
May 30, 2001
On the grassy knoll . . .
Visit site
Heh heh

Any government officiated body that would 1)give me a loaded firearm 2) put me in charge of explosives 3) put me in a position where others' lives depended on me or 4) allow me access to ANYTHING that kills, is completely out of their nut! Yup, let's let Raven blow Sierra Hotel India Tango up. Real good idea. While we're at it, let's store nuclear waste in our public schools, and staff our hospitals with known sadists.