Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
As I understand it, Blizzard intended for people not to be farming bosses for loot. Most bosses I've killed have dropped shit loot anyway. I'm in Act 1 Hell and I'm getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, and I've not really been able to find much better gear on the Auction House.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
As I understand it, Blizzard intended for people not to be farming bosses for loot. Most bosses I've killed have dropped shit loot anyway. I'm in Act 1 Hell and I'm getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, and I've not really been able to find much better gear on the Auction House.

They want you to do full dungeon runs (doesn't really matter which), so that you encounter the tougher champion packs along the way which will drop decent loot. You also get a decent amount of gold if you do this, since you'll kill lots of trash monsters.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!

It's not that they didn't want you farm bosses they just didn't want you farming "only" bosses.

The idea is you run around killing elites and champs until your valor buff is high enough, then kill the boss for higher odds of rares and legends. Or that's my understanding of it. Personally i'm not even off of nightmare yet. dunno where folks find the time. heh heh!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well I guess that makes sense. I had interpreted it as them wanting people to play through the whole game repeatedly rather than always going to one specific area forever to get drops.

Currently I fight wars of attrition with champions and elites because it's pretty much inevitable that I will die unless I get lucky. Even while kiting. I'm thinking I might try a ranged character.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I've been reading lots of RMHA "worries" posts, which reminded me how shophacoholic gamers would buy anything because it's purchasable. If a major content update for D3 is coming out any time soon, I'm going to assume it will be FREE, credit to those people.

EDIT: More precisely on the "worries" matter, I've read stories about people paying 50$ to clear act 1 inferno, worries implying how they faced the inevitable act 2 wall shortly after. I have absolutely no idea what Blizzard is intending to do with this nor why people keep up and support the concept; why anyone would feel the need to RMAH items which gives you 2 hours of "satisfying" gameplay until you hit the wall again. Didn't these people see the pattern? Hell was a clever example, every act gets much harder. Harder on gear requirement, not skills.

I've just been sitting it out until they re-work their game design, hopefully in a up-coming major content update with all the RMAH money they get right now.

EDIT2: Oh and should you know, you can cancel auctions by changing date locally (facepalm'd). Yes, unless they fixed it by now?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
For a game that highly encourages server-sided data, it should have been server-sided from the start. I wonder if anything else isn't.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
I never notice any of these imbalances or bugs. Not just Diablo but in many games. I read forums and stuff like ‘x class is op, nerf it’ or if a class is nerfed I won’t be able to tell even if it’s my class. Some people take this way too seriously.

I’m currently getting through nightmare and having fun. Elite mobs are tough especially the ones that leave a wake of fire. Also those that drop those purple beams cause a few headaches.

I hope they don't change the mechanics. The game is a proper challenge both in skilling, gearing up and tactics. At lasts a game that is a good, solid challenge. Games like Mass Effect, Skyrim et al are good but they're too easy. In fact, recently, games in general have been too easy.

Plus it feels good to be back in sanctuary and the wonderful Diablo lore again.

Play more, learn more.

Last edited:

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
jo-jo-cosplaying-as-tyraels-secret-in-diablo-3-for-blizzcon-2011.jpg

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm waiting for the upcoming patch before diving back into my main character. For now I'd rather not contend with exploding on contact, being the subject of jest.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Level 56 Monk in Hell Difficulty, just wrapped up Act 1 after much effort. I have a pretty defensive build right now, but for the first time I am using a staff because of the unreal DPS boost it gave me, and only a slight drop in armor from the claw+shield I was using.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Yus. I've been playing on and off with co-workers who are in Act1-2 of Inferno but still haven't progressed past Belial. Should be easier to find better gear in Act1 too now if we still have trouble. :p

Better chance of level 63 gear doesnt account for the fact that when you do hit a 63 there's a decent chance its still shit. (Its already happened to me.)

I'm really hating that they rolled this patch out today. I looted a nice attack speed ring yesterday to go with my attack speed amulet. Both items are now shit, as the patch actually changed the stats on the items themself. It knocked my back by 3k+ dmg/sec.