Infiltration CE update: what needs doing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
Trouble is, I don't have time to either sort out that add-on or find a new (and ideally free) install system that would do the job, and since Mac and Linux users will need catering for as well the easiest way to cover all 3 is to have one archive.

Mac INF hasn't worked in years. Don't bother with that one. (Besides, we just boot Windows and run it off there!)

Clarification: By "hasn't worked in years" I mean now that I've run it on Windows I've seen that Mac INF has not worked properly since 2.9 came out. When self-modding my engine I've mostly replaced the mac files with the windows ones and watched them work better. It's not that it doesn't run, it's that it doesn't run well, or properly. There is a several second delay when you turn on your night vision (or starlight scope) you have to reboot your game ever three or so maps to clear the engine or else nothing else will load, plenty of silliness with UTx3 simply not working properly to begin with... In fact, that's probably most of the problem right there.

Note: INF runs perfectly when I'm running it on Windows on the same machine, so it's not a computer problem.

Edit: When I've self-modded, I used bits and pieces of the Windows files to replace the trouble spots, so you might just consider a self installer that'll also let you open up the archive and drag the pieces out for the Mac-ers.

Last edited:

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
Add the INF Scar Mut plz !
And how long does it take when you are finished with the Update ? I could use it ASAP

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Well, I think I ought to hold off until it gets to a stable release as I don't want to be updating the pack every few days. Can't say how long... I'd like to get it off my back as soon as possible but I've had plenty of more important things to do, such as getting aquainted with a lovely big German... car ;).

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Crowze to Stogie, hard disk failure, hammer required, over.

I'll try and get things back in order over the Christmas break - I had some issues sorting out the correct versions and finding the full packages of a few mutators, so once I've figured out which (again) I'll post a list here and we'll see what the remaining people can come up with.

Coop-Stogie

Dec 7, 2008
HD Failures...bloody annoying thing
Ok let us know what ya need, maybe i have some files still somewhere on my pc

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Bumpage... first post updated. The "what's missing" list is stuff that's downloaded from the servers for which I can't find the full packages (.ints required, but readmes are also good) - send me your links, e-mail them to me if you know my address, PM me if you don't. Of course if there's anything I've missed completely, do send it to me as well.

The co-op maps weigh in at about 1.7GB uncompressed, so I'll probably keep them separate (from the update package at least). If there are any other maps (co-op or otherwise) that need to go in, now's the time to point me towards them.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
INF_cFacesTWO is a part of FacePack2008.

FacePack2008 and Camos2008 can be downloaded from here (you maybe have to register to download)

the rest could prolly Xplode give you if you contact him.

Triarii

Jun 14, 2010
I remember playing INF along with strikeforce and tactical ops back in 99 when I was into UT mods, good time good times.

Didn't really have much time to play INF back then but after reading an article titled 'tactical gaming done right' and seeing a video on youtube, I wanted to finally play 2.9 (better late than never).

As a 'new player' I can tell you that I'd like the install and setup process to be easier and not as 'all over the place' as it is now.

To give you an idea of what I had to do to play INF online:

-Installed UT
-Installed 2.9 CE (so far so good)

saw 4 servers online (none had players but I just wanted to see if I could connect) tried to connect: 2 wouldn't work and the other 2 just started downloading stuff for 10 minutes without stopping

Had to go to this and cerberon forums to see what I had to download.

- downloaded: inf_scar, inf_m4a1improved, inf akmsu and all the other weapon infs I could find

- downloaded inf mod weapon pack 1.5.1, since in my mutator list it showed up as 1.5 I assumed I needed the updated 1.5.1 one... it turns out I don't (?)... I still haven't figured out if CE has 1.5.1 or 1.5

- downloaded psytextures and installed

Tried to connect to the servers, this time it downloaded stuff for just a minute but then some version mismatch on some strange inf_wdm files and compass

deleted those files and finally downloaded the correct ones and everything is working now.

What I'd like from the updated CE:

- addition of inf_scar/m4imp/ak74u/ and any other weapon mutators that has came out since 2006 and also to replace the ones that have been updated since

- addition of updated opengl/d3d9 UT dll

- integration of pystextures into infiltration. right now it creates a folder inside UT and you have to launch it from a batch file and when you want to change video options/mutators you can't use the launcher you have to use the original INF shortcut... anyways it's a mess- since everyone uses the updated textures and every working server has them it doesn't make sense not to integrate them into infiltration.

other minor stuff that I'll write if indeed there's going to be an update

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Crowze, most games suck out there man. so much that i will need to go back to Inf. How is this project coming along?

lol Psych
\/

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
It's taken a back seat to more important stuff, such as getting another job (and perhaps less important stuff such as working through this increasing list of games bought in these damn Steam sales). I'm still looking for the missing files in the first post - I've got the 'core' files downloaded from the servers but I really need the .int files for the mutators, and would like readmes for completeness.

Last edited: