Texture Packages...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Since almost all UT maps available for download have their own texture package, can anyone guide me to a place where I can download texture packages?

I've got lots of ideas but I've got no resource to fuel them. I need to get new textures! Just post here your place of recommend.

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Humm...UTCMS use to show pictures of tex packs alone so you could choose the type you want... :rolleyes:

Looks like you will have to d/l a few maps to find something you like! :D

But let me see... a military base on a red planet? i will check in my (huge) tex files at home and i may find something that would suit this theme. ;)

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Military/planet base textures?

HEY! i think i found something that would look very nice on your map...
Have a look at those pics from a map by KaMi called ctf-Siberian23 available right here for download.

Apparently, he imported UT2003 textures and converted them in this very well done UT map. :)

Attachments

• siberian2.jpg
    siberian2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 33
  • siberian3.jpg
    siberian3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 25
  • siberian4.jpg
    siberian4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 24
Iv'e Got a Baby, It's a... Base?!

Thanks for your help. Hehe, I uploaded an image here. It's one of the oversized corridors although I haven't used the new textures yet. Again, thanks for your help.

I know my corridors look a bit plain but please leave some suggestions too.

Attachments

• Shot0022.jpg
    Shot0022.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 36

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... maybe make them not cube-shaped? Trying other shapes like hexagonal or so...

... and break the "plain" look. Add subtractions (o_0), both vertical and horizontal, at least on walls.

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Your welcome! ;)

It looks promising, maybe with a few more trims and modern light textures!
( avoid that yellow one you have on the lower left )

I would keep the base darker with blueish and orange lighting, this always looks good imo...you could add a few warning red lights on every exit to the outside.

The use of that perforated metal texture in some place would be a good idea too...

KEEP IT COMIN' DUDE! :D

Last edited:
Here are my photos...

The 1st one is a small open-air area which I don't know what to do with but it looks too good to remove.

The 2nd is another angle of the previous image of the corridor I sent you. See? Told you it's not cubical.

The 3rd is a HUGE fighter bay. I'm not yet done with it. I'm still going to place a 2nd floor walkway, some beams hanging in the cieling and ofcourse the fighters and other stuff on the floor.

I haven't made your recommends yet in these following images.

Attachments

• Shot0020.jpg
    Shot0020.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Shot0021.jpg
    Shot0021.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 17
  • Shot0022.jpg
    Shot0022.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Blueyes said:
Slowly but surely! :tup:

But it will really look better with those newer textures...haven't you grab that Dm-Siberian23 map file yet? :rolleyes:

Hehe. Actually, I already did use the new textures. See my fighter bay. The third to the last photo I sent you. What I didn't make yet is the removal of the yellow lights.

The third photo, which is the fighter bay, may look a bit too empty because I'm still going to add some more details.

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
You should make the floor out of steel plates instead and add some steel girders and colums...

Make your lights brighter with a radius of 6 to 16 max. so it will "cut" and improve the overall contrast. ;)