Remember those insane marines from Quake2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I thought they were great fun. A nice addition to the game.
And so I was wondering, has anyone during all these years actually converted them to UT?

Just as the npc's they were. Maybe someone has, maybe I missed it. They probably haven't, but I just have to ask. I've seen people convert quake monsters etc. so why not...

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yea it sure should be possible. I once converted some custom md2 stuff, not released though because i didnt finish the pawn back then and then lost it.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
So how would these actually work in the game? Were they only in the singleplayer game? Were they random enemies that blasted anyone in the multiplayer game modes? Did they follow orders or just follow you around? Could you spawn them whenever you wanted?

Got any screenshots?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No, he means those marine prisoners which have gone crazy, but they don't kill anyone, they are kinda like nali except they don't help you they just beg you to shoot them or pretend to. To end their suffering etc. They sometimes dropped ammo when killed and that's it. They couldn't attack or hurt you. If they moved they just crawled around.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I personally had skins of those long ago from Ram2000.
so yes, they were converted, same from some quake 3 models, but I personally don't know how these were called though.