Ladders?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BitchNipple

Apr 24, 2000
Kuwait
Visit site
I have seen ladders in only one level (DM-UrbanArena2). When I opened the level to see how they were made, i was shocked. there were tens of invisible slabs forming a steep stairway placed about 8 units away from each other and getting smaller as they went up. Like so:
-
--
--
---
---
and so on down

My question is: couldn't you make a zone and make it no gravity and use that as a ladder?

The problem is: the model swims up the ladder as opposed to walking up it (both of which are not very convincing, but the former looks much cheaper)

is there any way to fix this and have near-erfect ladders in UT?

Thanks

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
yeah, if you know how to script with Unrealscript. What he did in UA2 was the only way I know of that you can do ladders... probably most realistic at this point.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins
http://www.unreality.org/nukefus

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Check out DmDecadence for Unreal1 (NaliCity). It has climbable ladders. In the editor, it looks like there's a retangular zero-gravity zone encasing the ladder. It works pretty well. Going down might be a problem, though. :)

--Nut

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
I've seen enuf posts on ladders here that you would think epic or GT or whoever owns unreal now would make a patch and post it on mapping sites to let ppl use it. I mean how hard can it be if you know what your doing?