Post your beast...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Computer 1:

Athlon 900
128mb RAM
GeForce2 GTS 64mb
SoundBlaster Live! Value
20gb Hard Drive

Computer 2:

1.3ghz P4
512mb RAM
GeForce2 Ultra
SB Live! Value
60gb HD

Computer 3:

550mhz (I think) P3 laptop
8mb ATI Rage Mobile
128mb RAM
Not sure HD size or soundcard

Computer 4:

400 something (I think) mhz P3 laptop
384 mb RAM
Don't know hard drive, graphics card, or soundcard.

Computer 5:

Celeron 366
64mb Ram
Voodoo3 2000
4gb HD
Not sure soundcard

Computer 6:

100mhz Power Mac
Don't know anything else ;)

Computer 7:

Macintosh SE/30 w/ built in monitor + color monitor
Don't know anything else

Computer 8:

Some really old crappy PC that can barely run windows, and survives by eating 5 1/4 inch floppies.

EDIT: I'm posting while tired again. Bad combo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
mmmm.. five and a quarter....

edit: wait?! 5 and a 1/2? are you sure? i always thought they were five and a quarter...

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Quad Athlon 1.4 GHz T-Bird
Prototype Asus A9A 4-socket motherboard
2.0 GB RAMBUS
Three 80.0 GB IBM Ultra-SCSI 10,000 RPM HDD's
Plextor SuperPlex 24x24x72 DVD-RAM drive
24" ViewSonic monitor at 2048x1856 @ 75 Hz
Dual Voodoo5 6000 128 MB in SLI
Sony PCWavebreaker THX-certified digital audio card
Sony THX surround sound with 24" subs
Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse
OC14 internet connection with Cisco router

That's my baby. No, seriously! You all believe me, right? :con:

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
C'mon old faithful

Here goes...

-Celeron 300a overclocked to 374 (because the piece of s</b>hit wont overclock to 450 like most other 300a's)
-192meg RAM
-SB Live! value hooked up to crappy stereo amp from the 80's and two large wooden speakers (they actually sound quite good, but I have to whack the amp every half hour or so or they start making a low pitched humming noise)
-15" blurry piece of sh</b>it monitor. It hasno degauss, so if I accidently put a speaker next to it, it takes awhile to recover.
-36x CDrom
-30x6x4 burner which dosent read or write CD's anymore, all it does is open and close (I only leave it in to fill the hole in my case, and I can open and close it and use it as a cup holder when I get bored)
-Voodoo 3 3500 (sounded like a good idea at the time)
-8.4 gig and a 1.3gig harddrive. (the 1.3gig sounds like a f</b>ucking jet engine, so I disconnect it most of the time)

I guess I'll also mention that my mouse pad is about 10 years old and covered in stains and burns. It came with my first computer (a 386), and every mousepad I bought in the future peeled off or got torn in some way. I guess it holds a certain sentimental value.

Oh yeah, and I lost the side panel on my case right now, I think I accidently threw it out with a bunch of pizza boxes.

I'm so bloody jealous after reading this thread.

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Re: C'mon old faithful

Originally posted by plastic fork

-30x6x4 burner which dosent read or write CD's anymore, all it does is open and close (I only leave it in to fill the hole in my case, and I can open and close it and use it as a cup holder when I get bored)

LMAO :lol:

i wish my computer had a cup holder :(

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
Yeah, my machine is falling apart, but this disfunctional burner is is like no other piece of hardware I ever wasted my money on before. When it was still working, it used to go all constipated every now and then, and open up and refuse to close. If I pushed it in, it popped back out again, if I pressed the button, this wired beeping noise came from inside the device (its hard to explain). If I turned off the PC and pushed it in, the bastard popped back out when I turned it back on again. At least now, it opens and closes on demand, but only at the cost of reading and writing CD's. I can still hear that beeping sound if I hold it open and press eject, too. I like making the gears grind by opening it up and then ramming it shut as fast as I can, it would be such a shame to take it out of the computer, I just cant part with it.

By the way, apart from this burner, I do not intentionally mistreat my machine, I'm sitting on not very much money, and computer parts are expensive to replace. When this burner was still working, I treated it with plenty of repect, but it earned the onslaught of sh</b>it I inflict on it now by not working.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
HP Pavilion 8754C
P3 800MHz
63 MB of RAM
Intel Graphics Controller
30 GB HD (Don't ask how fast)
Keyboard
Mouse
Packard Bell 800x600 moniter
CD Drive
CDRW
Jensen microphone

It functions as a gaming platform. However I am going to ditch the whole rig and start new sometime in the future.