Do the posters of this subforum still play UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
At the moment I barely even have time to even post let alone play.

I still play regularly, but not in the same way that I did. When UT3 came out I honestly loved everything about the game, but something about it just never stuck. I mostly just play it against bots every once and a while so that I don't completely lose the twitch.

The peak for me was UT2k3. We had some fun the first month of UT2k4, but after that it just wasn't as fun. I am eying bulletstorm as a suitable replacement.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
I still play Unreal every now and again, including some Serpentine DM over LAN with a mate of mine when we get togeather and don't get too drunk.

UT aswell, i still love the old Monster Madness mutie for instance, and Infiltration which i play on LAN when we're not playing Serp, but mostly i play the Ol'Shool stuff, like Xidia Gold and Opperation NaPali.

UT2004 is also still in my rotation, though mostly because of Ballistic Weapons, every now and again i'll feel like stomping on some bots with that.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I still have Unreal, UT, and UT3 installed and I play them all occasionally. I recently reinstalled 2k4 when I was really sick and it's just amazing how I remember playing the game back then and now. It's just so weird and the flippy flop dodge jump thing is rather dumb.

Though the netcode seems to be miles better than UT3's and so is the mouse input. I got kicked from two servers and accused of botting on three others in just two days because my shots actually went where I clicked unlike UT3. :/

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Nah, I don't play UT anymore. It has made it's time and the appeal is very low.
I'm left with MW2 and SC2 until something new shows up. Perhaps Bulletstorm and Brink, and the next CoD if decent enough.

If I absolutely have to play a UT online, that would be UT2004. Big time.

If you have RO, check out the Darkest Hour expansion mod. Combat that actually makes you hit the dirt and put your head down when fired upon.

...but mostly i play the Ol'Shool stuff, like Xidia Gold...

\o/

I fire a round of UT up from time to time. Still my favorite entry in the Tournament series, and I still got my skills. UT2003 and 2004 were fun at the time I suppose, although I never enjoyed the Deathmatch gametype as much as before. Eventually I stopped playing 2004. I actually recently got back into UT3.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I fire it up sometimes when I got a shooter itch, but what usually happens is that there's no servers for the game modes I'm interested in, I poke around in FFA or dom/war for a bit, and go play something else.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
U Single Player only.

UT Currently Single Player only, but would be online constantly if I had a connection of my own. Mostly (good) sniper servers for relaxation, or large map/city map servers for funzies, and finally 1v1 for serious practice, ideally against someone much better (and more patient) than I am.

UT2003 If I still had the disk I'd still play it. Yeah, that's right, I like 2003. And you know what else? I liked the Running Man meets WWF theme too, and I hate WWF.
I didn't see what everyone's problem was anyway.

UT2004 Again currently Single Player only, but would be online if I had a connection of my own.
I'd be playing basic DM until I got me a microphone and some head-boobs, and then it'd be team stuff all the way. Ditto for UT if it had voice things.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Got all UT titles installed. Most visited game is the first UT, sometimes mixed with unreal (oldskool).
Need to get me some of that exu2 bat**** insane thing going...

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
I play a few games of UT99 with friends every now and then.

I also still make maps for UT3 and play some games against bots.

I don't have UT2003/2004 anymore though :)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I guess I'd still play the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament if I had the time. I think the last time I booted up any game was more than two months ago, and it hasn't really been for the want of motivation.