Chozo Arena feedback thread.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Hey guys.

Here's the Metroid mutator I was working on ages ago for UT2k3.
Figured if I released it and got some feedback I might be able to get back to work on it.

Download here (254k):
http://planetunreal.com/wod/ChozoArena_a001.zip

Description:
All players start with a Chozo Power Blaster similar to the one Samus from the Metroid series has. All other guns are removed.
+-Primary-Fire is semi-automatic plasma shots.
---If you hold fire for a few seconds, you can charge up a very powerful plasma shot.
---You have unlimited plasma ammo.
+-Alt-Fire is missiles.
---You start with 5 missiles. Pick up additional missile ammo off corpses.
---Missile ammo max capacity can be increased by finding Missile Expansion powerups, which will increase your capacity by 5.
When players are killed they drop health and missile ammo. You can increase your max health by finding an E-tank (health keg).

Leave feedback below. Thanks much.

Last edited:

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
very neat. though I would give the projectile a more globe like appearance, link it's DrawScale directly to the charging level ( so you can roughly tell the danger of an approaching projectile by it's size), lower the base damage and make it travel faster instead. Then again, that would roughly sum up the properties of my own PlasmaGun, so better just do whatever you want :D

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I still refer back to my chozo armor code. Taught me some good pawn stuff even if it never was an official part of the SSP.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Finally downloaded and played with it. These are some errors I found:
Missile expansion aquisition text doesn't specify the increase (just says +) and doesn't disapear.
Primary muzzle flash's rotation is b0rked.

And these are just typical Smoke pickyness:
Plasma needs fancy custom impact effects! :)
Gun needs fancy charging effects (same goes for the charged projectile)! :D
Gun shouldn't beep when fully charged.
Better primary fire sounds.

I'm sure you were gonna do a fair amount of that stuff anyway. :)
I could make a fancy MP crosshair for you! Complete with charging bar and perhaps beam changing animations! Yum! :D Or if you wanna be all boring-like you can just use the normal crosshair. Check out this CursorXP cursor I made of it:

Attachments

• MPcrosshair.gif
    MPcrosshair.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 32