Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Hello

I decided to put some of the mods listed up there in trial ;)

As i really do not like them for SP after another try , and as i already have Nahand negative feedback of them, i will ask before deleting them from the list if there is another user that does not like them.
Just a 3rd negative opinion will be enough.

Beer from Outer Space
Beer from Outer Space 2
Pearman
Operation Stingray

Remember that the goal is to have a list of mods/muties that are enjoyable, not just playable, in single player/bot play, that is why those mods are not in my opinion in the good place there.

If, beyond mods and muties you have any good tools to add, feel free to suggest.

And what any of you think about the big Infiltration 2.9 as a Total Conversion (if you have played it of course), in the SP department ?
Until now, as i listed Infiltration2.75 i was a bit reluctant to add Infiltration 2.9.
But ,as i enjoy the SP of INF2.9 more than some of the Total Conversions i will not remove from the list, i think that i should list it.
Any opinion on this ?

Last edited:

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
"http://www.unrealsp.org/" is a pretty general link for Deja Vu. I'm planning to update the Team UnrealSP site soon with a proper Deja Vu page (with screenies and so on); I'll let you know with a new link when that becomes available.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Hellscrag said:
"http://www.unrealsp.org/" is a pretty general link for Deja Vu. I'm planning to update the Team UnrealSP site soon with a proper Deja Vu page (with screenies and so on); I'll let you know with a new link when that becomes available.

I will update the link when you will have it
icon14.gif

THUGLIFE said:
what about the utron beta mod ?

by the way .. has someone a download link for it?
exept gamespy/fileplanet or planetunreal downloadmirrors(somehow they never work for me )
Until now from every website talking about utron , the download URL ends into the fileplanet links unfortunately.
From the feedback i read on their forum, it seems to be buggy.

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Added the TeamSize mutator , very interesting for SP as it allows to set the number of player per team in the mod menu without caring of the hardcoded " 16 " limit of the number of bost menu
So without having to use the addbot command in the console too.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Good suggestion list

For a time, i will list only the ones i already used myself in the past (and so the one i know something about and i am sure of their interest in UT)

XBOTS-055
Advanced Models Support 110
Umod Extractor 2.0
Umod Wizard 1.26

Human vs Bots 110 (version 100 is not the latest version)
Double Jump
MatrixMoves 4

For the other suggestions , i will need an explanation of what they are before listing them, as i do not know if they have an interest for UT.

I will not list milkshape and bender , usefull for modelling i agree without having to spend a huge amount of money on 3D Studio Max-like programs , but they are not specific UT tools.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
THUGLIFE said:
edit: ok fieldmedic the other tools are not ut ingame tools.
they are more uED specific tools with many features
(converting,mapping,scripting,skinning....)..would really take too long to describe each feature..dunno maybe we should open a thread for tools?

Good idea, such a thread should be in handy for unrealed beginner people wanting to try making things (as the unrealed experienced people certainly already have those tools.).

hund_schraube

Sep 1, 2003
tacops 220 is the last version with good bot support[in the ut game types].

tacops 340[retail]has the best looking weapons bots suk though even with eagleAR's bot mod[utmod4to_b11].

for true sp i prefer tacops 340.i am really enjoying playing deja vu through again with it[few bugs though].
hellscrag doesnt like that much though :)
TO1.jpg

TO2.jpg

TO4.jpg

TO6.jpg

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
hund_schraube said:
tacops 220 is the last version with good bot support[in the ut game types].

tacops 340[retail]has the best looking weapons bots suk though even with eagleAR's bot mod[utmod4to_b11].

for true sp i prefer tacops 340.i am really enjoying playing deja vu through again with it[few bugs though].
hellscrag doesnt like that much though

tactical ops 3.40 is a retail version patch only if i am not mistaken, so i will not list it on the top list, as it is a standalone game (i listed tactical ops for the version 3.32 that is available as an UT mod, and can be fun with eagleAR mutator)

For tactical ops 2.2 , i remember that the bots were really bad, a lot more bad that on the worst map of the version 3.32, but i have to say that i played with the bots only under the the TO gametype.

As i never thought about playing the UT gametypes with this old TO-220 , if you think this version 2.20 is good and enjoyable in solo (while playing UT gametypes only) i can list it .

But i need a working URL to point a download location, as i did not found any from a quick google search.

Last edited:

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Of course I don't like it! The difficulty settings explode and you get EVERYTHING!

Plus, you know, we made it to be played a certain way. My take on it is that you're free to balls the gameplay of the mod up as much as you want, as long as you've played it properly first. :con:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I would not talk about an incredible bot support in EavyDarkmatch III , but botplay is very enjoyable in this mutator (at least with the mutator default settings).