Half life 2 delayed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rocket_Magnet

All I need is a certain trigger
Sep 29, 2002
Manchester,ENG
Visit site
Well now isnt this just an interesting turn of events. As I'm sure many of you recall a couple other places were reporting that Half-Life 2 had been delayed and we had this silly idea that it wasnt even though the reports were coming from Vivendi themselves. But guess what, after what can only be called just a tad of confusion it seems Vivendi has a new stance, here's the quote from lead PR at Vivendi working on Half-Life 2 thanks to Evil Avatar:

Valve is still working toward the Sept.30 ship date.

Given Valve's uncharacteristic quietness on this, I can think of only one thing. Valve is working hard on hitting that shipping date and they still feel they can hit it, but perhaps they shared with Vivendi that there is a possibility of them missing that date, and things got misintepreted from there. There is always the possibility of missing a ship date though, but if Vivendi is going back on earlier statements then there must be at least some confidence that Valve can still hit that target date. If we ever get any kind of on the record statement from Valve we'll be sure to let you guys know.

source: shacknews

i think thats the most public shut the **** up between a company and its parent company ive ever heard! i dont think any of these delay rumours can be trusted, if there isnt even proper communication between the two companies in question

Rocket_Magnet

All I need is a certain trigger
Sep 29, 2002
Manchester,ENG
Visit site
A number of gaming sites out there are carrying word of an alleged Half-Life 2 delay according to some folks at Vivendi Universal who are publishing the title retail for Valve Software. However word doesnt seem to have traveled down to Valve according to an email pulled from the Steam forums. (We havent been able to directly confirm or deny with anyone at Valve yet) who might know a thing or two about that. timm of Shacknews comments fame already pointed out this Gabe Newell response:

First time I've heard about this.

So there you go, dont panic just yet as Valve Software decides when they ship, not Vivendi. Valve says there is no delay (that they are aware of, and well.. if anyone is aware of a delay it would be Valve), then there is no delay. Things are still on target for Sept 30th until/unless Valve says otherwise. This is of course assuming the email is legit. The bit about something like this coming down from Vivendi is a bit far fetched too given Valve's situation so what the hell. We'll have word here for you guys as soon as we hear from Valve

source: shacknews

and that one is from earlier in the week

Beowolf

hail to the king
Feb 2, 2003
barracksnetwork.com
Look at this news post over at BeyondHalflife :)p)

author: Spiffae
07-31-2003 12:23

Delays: We're Not Dead Yet!

I just recieved this e-mail from Amy Farris, the Director of Public Relations at Vivendi Universal.

Valve is still working toward the Sept. 30 ship date.

Amy Farris / PR Manager

Vivendi Universal Games

Looks like a race is on

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This is called....make game developers their own publisher for crying out loud....give them the money and leave them alone....

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
I'll most likely play the demo. Then depending on the demo will decide the fate of the game on my hard drive. I'm not going to get hyped because I saw a video.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I'm going to get hyped because I saw a video. :D I already think its the best first person shoooter ever made. :D