AAA!!! Fear Ghost Recon!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Will you stick with Inf or go to Ghost Recon?

• Infiltration Forever!

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • Ghost Recon!

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Mix of Both, I'm a Fence Sitter

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
My God

I prolly shouldn't talk too much smack, cuz I've never played it, but ghost recon, from what I hear and read, isn't all that good. Especially to be dropping outta INF to make more time for it. From what I hear, the bots suck about as bad as INF bots. And being single player, that is unacceptible. Then you can't see your gun. That is one of INF's highlights to me, the great guns. I thought about buying it, but now I don't want to. It may be good with multiplayer, but being single player too, that's not that good. It sounds like you need other human players to enjoy it. I think I'd get wolfenstein and aliens first. Can't afford a lamer game.
Jaymian

Fernspäher

Restless "Realism Seeker"
Nov 2, 2001
Visit site
OPF: Flaws? Well, it does have Ironsights...:D :p

But it is still, even after the 3rd Patch after it's initial release, running very unstable, even on non-exotic configurations and I allways have the feeling that Netplay is "not going anywhere with OPF".
Not to mention that now we have a nice mix between todays and yesterdays weapons.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
Personally I have had only one problem with Flashpoint, that was when it decided to crash out to the main menu at the end of a mission, BUT that has been fixed. The graphics seem to run O.K on both of my machines. The sound has a slight bug if you enable EAX on some SB Live cards you hear soldiers footsteps from miles away as if they are only a few metres away. One cool if not entirly acurate thing is a few of the new units have been implemented into the campaign, so far I have noticed the HMMVEE and the AH-64. The netcode does unfortunalty suck. After extensive testing on my and my mates networks it can get very laggy certanly on big mission that would run fine in single play mode. One thing though that might improve network performance is the release of dedicated server updates and patchs, as I have not yet tryed a dedicated server. My verdict is buy it and enjoy all the missions, including all the free single/multiplayer ones avalible for download, If ya wait a month I should have a load done :D.

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
I tried OFP, i tried GR...
once INF, always INF:
INForever© !

TitanBlue :con:
/me sez: Thou shall have no other FPS next to INF

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
/me sez: Thou shall have no other FPS next to INF

And me sez : INF for multiplayer, OFP for single and that unique feel that you are a poor average grunt thrown in a war without being prepared to it, and only trying to save his life... 'Nuff said. Period. Finish. Over. Out.

LieLestoSbrat

Can You Count? Sucka's
Taken of the back of the GR box

Drop into the most realistic gameplay ever - water soaks through uniforms, tanks shake the ground and tracers scream overhead with gripping realism

Lol How the hell do you notice that your uniform is soaking wet in GR when you can't even see your arms or gun? Is it me or is that the biggest piece of BS I have heard in years or what?

Feel the ear-spliting eruptions of authentic combat sound effects

HAHAHA I don't even have one of the rumble headphone thingys you can get so how the hell can I feel the sound effects?

Engage the deadliest AI enemies yet - angry, merciless and meticulously designed to take you out and your team.

ROFLMAO The AI is unbelivebly ****e, you shoot some bad guys an all they do is run behind some trees, and your team AI, huh they never shoot back its if they are against voilence or somin

All in all it the biggest piece of Tosh I have ever seen and read.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Thing with Inf is that it's this evolving, improving thing, made with care and attention to detail the likes of Red Storm will never manage. I think I'll always choose mods over "finished" games.

So far as GR goes, I am still too sick of Rogue Spear to be bothered.

OFP is a terrific game. I hear it is very buggy (although I have had no problems on my very non-exotic system) on some systems.

The graphics and realism are very orientated towards playing as an infantryman. If you want a deep tank sim, get Steel Beasts or something. Same goes for a flight sim. Same goes for CQB. Racing Humvees about the place is kinda fun, though.
Hrmmmm. You should probably still get a different rally game, though.

You might not like the graphics. Personally, I love them. I think they really work (dig the eastern european looking GI's. They could be Welsh...)

The weapons might not be to your taste. Everything is "used" looking and scopes are a rarity. The slinky supressed SMG is a MP5SD3 that looks like it's been used for... well, something you shouldn't use supressed SMG's for, anyway. The 1337 sn1p0r rifle is a bog-standard M-21 / SVD (with working PSO-1, no less).

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I'd probably be playing GR if it ran on my machine..

To be honest i haven't even had UT on my machine for the last 6 months. But this is probably one of the best forums i've found so i still like to pop in.

As for what i like.. i'm big into realism.. ( and i don't have a internet connection for on my gaming rig) simulation fan, and despite inf's strides in that direction, i've found other games to keep me busy. at least till the next Unreal engine comes around or till INF's bots actually are fun to play with. One of the things that originally attracted me to INF was it's attention to realism.. but unfortunatly that realism only skin deep. The tactics.. the core of the game (esp online) is so far from anything remotely realistic that it literally caused me to be disgusted with online play to the point where i don't play online period. When i want to play a "realism" game, it's tactics, the procedures that i want real, not the graphics.

for the time being i'm enjoying
Civ 3.
Flight sim
sub command

--

between them there isn't enough time in a day to play them :p

On the plus side, with RB6 / RS (and i assume GR) it's a piece of cake to make an average mod... so you dont like the sounds.. they're .wav files.. aint that hard to replace them..

and it's a really good platform to learn the basics of understanding the complexities of good game design because rather than focusing on graphics, and other superficial features you quickly cut to the bone of solid game design, balance ect. You quickly go through the early phase of "i'll make EVERY gun." and realize.. hmm most of these are exactly the same, i could've made the same game with 1/10th the selection of weapons, and spent the rest of the time focusing on other areas.

so for someone like myself that likes to "get under the hood" of a game very easily it's a major attraction. above all that's been my pet peives with INF.

Dont get me wrong INF is a fun game, it's just that i'm trying other things out at this time.