Is This loadout acceptable?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Yeah...

That site makes reference to using ladder sights for the M-203 NOT the optic.

:p

(And it gives details of the night vision system you see some M-4's mounted with in combo with a 203. I assumed the front doodad had the starlight doohickies in. I guess not.)

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
It does?

Where?

There is an M-4 at the bottom with an ACOG, some sort of flip-up on the front rail and an M-203.

A C-7 is a fixed stock flat-top M16.

Thanks for posting that site Asmodeus.

My reading of the text on that site suggests that the M203 uses a separate ladder or leaf sight. A lot of discussion about getting both to fit and function properly on the same weapon. My guess is that when using the M203, the head/eye is pulled well back from the acog to avoid the black eye, as well as to visualize the M203 sight.

Bottom line is that it looks less and less likely that RL soldiers peer through the acog to aim the M203 like many Inf players do.

Originally posted by "Sp!ke"
The Seals use a big black .50, something Macmillan against personell....

"When targets lie at longer range, sniper operations call for such weapons as the McMillan M88 , a single-shot rifle that fires a huge 700-grain projectile -- with a muzzle velocity near 3000 fps"

I dunno about the SEALS, but the Marines use the M-82 SASR (Special Application Scoped Rifle), a.k.a. the Barrett .50-cal snipe rifle.

Gandolf8

THE only true Squimish Marine
Mar 23, 2001
AK

I never liked the AK very much. I don't see how you can hit anything with it. I mean, i get skewled a few times wit an AK, but i could never learn to use one. I find the recoil lets me hit a target with one bullet, and the rest of the bullets hit the clouds. In real life, one bullet would be enough to take him down i suppose, but INF i'm dead.

agent

<span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w
Oct 20, 2001
Visit site
re: akmsu

gandolf, heard of semi? :stupid:

(it's probably me schooling you :stick: )

Last edited:
Asmodeus: "of course they probably don'T but then, should be prevented from using them both because of a game limitation?"

Well, if something cannot be/is not done in real life, why would we want to be able to do it in Inf, especially if doing so carries a great advantage? Right now I can precisely place a 40mm using the acog crosshairs and this is a huge advantage that apparently does not exist in real life. We could arm the 40mm grenades with small small neutron bombs in Inf too, hehe. But we won't because it's not real. Neither, apparenly, is aiming the M203 through the acog. Neither should be possible Inf, IMO.

It might mean making it so that you can't shoulder the weapon when the M203/acog combo is ready to fire (you'd have to fire from the weapon/lowered position I guess). That could be fixed, though, by changing the animation for the aimed position so that you're either looking over (not through) the acog, or through a real M203 sight.

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
What you need is the quadrant sight, like the hk69 has. Using an M203 you aim through the correct sight.

All M203's need the correct sight, not just the ACOG equiped weapon.