How do you like to do it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How do you do your terrian?

• Terra-edit

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Tessalated cubes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • UED terrain brush

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
I vote Terrain Brush. I only use tess cubes when i want to severly misshape the cube into something wack so i don't get the creapy looking endless hallway effect (usually only seen the very largest of cubes) or other bsp issues.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
In this UT Single Player pack, all terrain was constructed by carving tesselated cubes out of a terrain brush.

It's a project that I was working on, which I dropped and released as an unfinished pack about a month ago. Check it out if you want to see what I did.

http://www.unrealsp.org/files/thelandingunfinished-utsp.zip

And yes I am p1mping it, because so far it's been downloaded all of 3 times (gah).

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
bleh

Pikachu, I choose you!

mx.jpg

150 poly/frame terrain rocks the party

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by @kuma
bleh

Pikachu, I choose you!

mx.jpg

150 poly/frame terrain rocks the party

I believe Steve Martin said it best, "What the hell is that?"

I see it's Studio Max, now....lucky bawstawd. Oh well, At least u know how to use it :D

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
with spoogers plugin getting frontpage exposure on PU I predict a shitload of n00bs rushing out to warez Max, opening it, panicking at the sight of all those buttons and promptly deleting it :p

p.s. the nannylock is getting old real fast.. I know it's necessary to keep the pre-schoolers & shoulder biters who inhabit the BUF forums in order but do we really need it @ the NCBBS?

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
At temporary solution:

Code:
F[b[b][/b]][/b]uck=F[b][/b]uck
S[b[b][/b]][/b]hit=S[b][/b]hit

Annoying, but it works

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
I voted for "Other", cause I use TerraEdit as well as 3DSMax. Both have their benefits, and yeo, 3DSMax is pretty confusing first... but you can't really make complex terrain with the terrain brush.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
well, I warezed max got shocked and did not delet it. I did it to extrude a shape out of an cube. i created cubes, spheres, teapot and manipulated the meshes(yes, I even found out how)...
but now I am lsot no clue how to go further.... : /
maybe if anybody knows a VERY VERY GOOD and easy STEP-BY step tutorial than feel free to post it in here...

btw, i messed with terrain-ed and crashed my pc. that was about the timne i stoped using it. so if i do terrain I would use the terain cube... might try terrain ed again....

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by @kuma
with spoogers plugin getting frontpage exposure on PU I predict a shitload of n00bs rushing out to warez Max, opening it, panicking at the sight of all those buttons and promptly deleting it :p

p.s. the nannylock is getting old real fast.. I know it's necessary to keep the pre-schoolers & shoulder biters who inhabit the BUF forums in order but do we really need it @ the NCBBS?

btw. akuma is that already an mpa you are working on for ANY unrela related newcoming game??? ;)

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
that looks very messy

also you need to be very careful about how your edges will light in the game

btw. akuma is that already an mpa you are working on for ANY unrela related newcoming game???

balton it's 120 polys/frame

not exactly next gen :)