i have been called many things, but never classist. . .

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
<CHESHIREcat8]> phat
<CHESHIREcat8]> i don't want to sound like a racist or anything
<CHESHIREcat8]> but
<{DE}PhatAzz> laf
<CHESHIREcat8]> the mx1000 is a 'gunner' mouse

my response to his claim that the mx1000 was superior to my beloved mx510

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
uglygruebel.gif

Tenacity

noob for life
Aug 18, 2004
I tried the mx1000 and it did all kinds of crazy things and it seemed that no matter how I adjusted the settings it had a mind of its own. I took it back and saved a few bucks and got the 510 <----- awesome mouse. Logitechs own forum was full of ppl having the same problems I was having.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
it's if your a cord guy or not a cord guy...

If you like the cord -> mx510

If you hate the cord -> mx1000

mx510 is one of the best corded mice out there for gaming.

mx1000 _IS_ the best cordless mice out there for anything including gaming.

For me, the cord gets in the way more then naught.

In regards to precision, a lot of review sites say that the mx510 is not as precise as the mx1000.

However, the thing that deters people from mx1000 is that some of them are buggy. My mx1000 does not have a lag time nor does it turn off when I lift it.

Also, the amount of time it takes to get used to the precision takes about 2 weeks. It's an excellent mouse.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
dutch_gecko said:
The mx1000 downstairs accelerates all over the place, its truly awful and thats only for web browsing. You're a gifted person Phatty.

I guess it depends on your settings on the mouse. You can use the acceleration set up throught the logitech utility setpoint, mine is on low acceleration and low speed -> so perhaps that's why I don't have as many problems as you.

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
3 Alphas have mx1000's. I am one of them and I personally like the mouse. I am the type to use high sensitivity ingame, since I like to be able to do 360's by just tapping the mouse. I use sensitivity range from 20-35 ingame. That plus high accuracy of the mx1000 equals good performance.

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
He He Swift, yeah since I have poor aim I use high sensitivity. You would think that I would use a lower settings. I am just not patient enough to use lower mouse sensitivity I suppose. It all started in UT99 when I went from ball driven mouse to optical. I discovered that I aimed better with higher sensitivity. I am such a n00b when it come to aiming.

WolfmanK

Puppet Master of BBF
Mar 28, 2004
Webster, NY
wolfmank.blogsite.org
Creig said:
He He Swift, yeah since I have poor aim I use high sensitivity. You would think that I would use a lower settings. I am just not patient enough to use lower mouse sensitivity I suppose. It all started in UT99 when I went from ball driven mouse to optical. I discovered that I aimed better with higher sensitivity. I am such a n00b when it come to aiming.

Aiming is overrated.......

Rocket Spam all the way.